From The Miami Herald:
Payá family launches new effort for plebiscite in Cuba
On the second anniversary of the death of Cuban opposition leader Oswaldo Payá, his daughter, Rosa María Payá, announced Tuesday that the Christian Liberation Movement (MCL) he founded is preparing a campaign to demand a plebiscite on the island’s future.
Rosa Maria Payá said that the plebiscite, based on her father’s Varela Project, would include “one single question: Do you want to participate in free and multi-party elections?”
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
07/20 - 07/27
- Congress: Sanction Cuban Officials Responsible for...
- A Question That Needs to be Asked
- Quote of the Week: On Crist, Castro and Cuba
- Another Unsuccessful Negotiation for Alan Gross' R...
- More Venezuelan Officials Arrested
- Sham Trial Against Venezuelan Opposition Leader Be...
- Venezuelan General Arrested in Aruba, U.S. Will Se...
- How Obama Could Easily Help Cuba's "Self-Employed"...
- The Nation Goes to Cuba -- Says "Viva Castro!"
- Tweet of the Day: On Oswaldo Paya and a Free Cuba
- Quote(s) of the Day: Cuba, Israel and Gaza
- Xi's "Blah-Blah" Trip to Cuba
- Tweet of the Day: Castro's Import Monopoly
- How Cuba's Political Stage is Set Up
- Obama Should Stand With Democratic Forces in Venez...
- WaPo: Two Years Later, Paya's Death Still Awaits P...
- Rosa Maria Paya: Castro Killed My Father, Spain He...
- U.S. Business Groups Swayed Congress, But Failed t...
- Cuba's War on Wi-Fi
- Same Old Castro
- ▼ 07/20 - 07/27 (20)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)