After being outed last month for unregistered lobbying activities, two New York-based PR firms -- MCSquared and Fitzgibbon Media -- have filed documents with the U.S. Department of Justice admitting to their representation of Rafael Correa's government in Ecuador.
For these PR efforts, the Ecuadorian government paid over $6.4 million.
So who does Correa now hire to do damage control (from its original damage control)?
Former U.S. Rep. Bill Delahunt (D-MA).
According to new documents filed, Delahunt will help the Correa government coordinate “meetings with U.S. government officials and assisting with media efforts, aimed at enhancing the U.S.-Ecuadorian relationship and raising issues of importance to Ecuador as they relate to bilateral U.S.-Ecuador relation.”
Delahunt is known for his close relationship with former Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez, Nicolas Maduro and Cuba's Castro brothers.
He's previously come under criticism for his activities on behalf of the Venezuelan government.
Most recently, Delahunt has led a lobbying effort seeking U.S. approval of products from Castro's Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (CGEB).
If ALBA is in trouble, call Delahunt to the rescue.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
07/13 - 07/20
- The AP's Apparent Disdain for Dissidents
- ALBA's Favorite Lobbyist
- A Sign of Growing Threats in Latin America
- How to Stifle "Reforms"
- Mariel's Unimpressive Start
- Castro Blames Ukraine and Israel
- Waiting for the Consequences
- Sanctioned Russian Companies Have Cuba Ties
- Tweet of the Day: What Raul and Putin Discussed
- Amnesty International: On Sentencing of Three Cuba...
- Russia to Reopen Military-Intelligence Gathering F...
- North Korea-Cuba: Ships of Subterfuge
- Tweet of the Day: On Foreign Journalists in Havana...
- State Department: Detention of Cuban Activists
- Did North Korean Vessel in Cuba Panic After Detect...
- How to Apologize for Castro's Monopolies
- Castro Reaffirms His Import Monopoly
- Putin in Havana: Seeking an Ally or a Satellite?
- Another Suspicious North Korean Vessel in Cuba
- Over 100 Ladies in White Arrested (Again)
- Tweet of the Day: On Ladies in White Arrest
- 20th Anniversary: A Massacre That Will Never Be Fo...
- ▼ 07/13 - 07/20 (22)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)