Perhaps the U.S. should abandon Israel and allow Putin to annex Ukraine, so that the world's tyrants won't have any more "excuses."
We're being sarcastic, of course.
As we've long argued, dictators need no excuses for their illegal and repressive acts.
From The Havana Times:
Fidel Castro Blames Ukraine and Israel
In a short commentary published today in the official Cuban media, entitled “Astonishing Provocation”, Fidel Castro insinuates that the fault a Malaysia Airlines passenger plane crashed on Thursday lies with the government of the Ukraine, the position taken by Russian President Vladimir Putin. The former Cuban president also lashes out at Obama and Israel for the hundreds of deaths in Gaza.
Below is Castro's statement:
This morning’s (Thursday) news was saturated with the astonishing bulletin that a Malaysia Airlines plane had been hit while flying at 10,100 meters high over the territory of the Ukraine on the path under control of the warmongering government of the chocolate king, Petro Poroshenko.
Cuba, which was always supportive of the people of Ukraine, and in the difficult days of the tragedy of Chernobyl attended the health of many children affected by harmful radiation from the accident and will always be prepared to continue such aid, cannot fail to express its rejection by the action of such an anti-Russian, anti-Ukrainian, pro-imperialist government.
In turn, coinciding with the crime of the Malaysia plane, the Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, leader of a nuclear state, ordered his army to invade the Gaza Strip, where in the preceding days hundreds of Palestinians had died, many of them children. The U.S. president supported the action, calling the heinous crime as an act of self-defense. Obama did not support David against Goliath, but Goliath against David.
As is known, young Israeli men and women, well prepared for productive work, will be exposed to die without honor or glory. I do not know what military doctrine the Palestinians will use, but I know a fighter ready to die can defend even the ruins of a building as long as he has a rifle, as demonstrated by the heroic defenders of Stalingrad [in World War II].
I only wish to express my solidarity with this heroic people defending the last inch of what was their homeland for thousands of years.
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
07/13 - 07/20
- The AP's Apparent Disdain for Dissidents
- ALBA's Favorite Lobbyist
- A Sign of Growing Threats in Latin America
- How to Stifle "Reforms"
- Mariel's Unimpressive Start
- Castro Blames Ukraine and Israel
- Waiting for the Consequences
- Sanctioned Russian Companies Have Cuba Ties
- Tweet of the Day: What Raul and Putin Discussed
- Amnesty International: On Sentencing of Three Cuba...
- Russia to Reopen Military-Intelligence Gathering F...
- North Korea-Cuba: Ships of Subterfuge
- Tweet of the Day: On Foreign Journalists in Havana...
- State Department: Detention of Cuban Activists
- Did North Korean Vessel in Cuba Panic After Detect...
- How to Apologize for Castro's Monopolies
- Castro Reaffirms His Import Monopoly
- Putin in Havana: Seeking an Ally or a Satellite?
- Another Suspicious North Korean Vessel in Cuba
- Over 100 Ladies in White Arrested (Again)
- Tweet of the Day: On Ladies in White Arrest
- 20th Anniversary: A Massacre That Will Never Be Fo...
- ▼ 07/13 - 07/20 (22)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)