I don't think there's been any [opening] as there are tons of artists who are censured in Cuba. If there had been change, everyone would be able to work and everyone would be able to have their own space to give concerts. "Non-professional" artists, who are still artists, can't work in state establishments. It's always a problem because you don't have a work permit. When they have no other excuse to give you, they tell you that you're not a professional and that you can't work. So what opening has there been? Everything is the same.-- Bian Oscar Rodríguez (“El Bi”), from the Cuban hip-hop group Los Aldeanos, interview in El Nuevo Herald, 7/28/14
at 10:20 AM Tuesday, July 29, 2014
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
07/27 - 08/03
- New Revelations About Cuban Spy Ana Belen Montes
- Did Nicolas Maduro Coerce Senator Landrieu?
- Asking for Permission to Report in Cuba
- Describing a Fickle Europe
- The Ladies in White Respond to Hillary's Cuba Comm...
- Quote of the Week: Cuban Socialism Remains the Sam...
- Rodiles to U.N. Secretary General: "For Another Cu...
- Support Religious Freedom in Cuba
- U.S. Commits Enforcement Malpractice in Cuba-North...
- Image of the Day: Yris Meets With Menendez and Rub...
- Cuban Dissident to Congressional Black Caucus: Sto...
- Was Raul's Son-in-Law Involved in Cuba-North Korea...
- U.S. Imposes Visa Ban on Venezuelan Officials
- Maduro Took Gunships and Sanctions to a Diplomatic...
- Antunez's Wife Visits Congress, Denounces Increase...
- International NGO Files U.N. Inquiry Into Attack o...
- North Korean Company Gets Sanctioned, Cuba Gets Le...
- Must-Read: The Real Cuban Blockade
- Quote of the Day: Cuban Rapper on Raul's "Reforms"...
- Deutsche Bank Shed Cuba Business
- Is North Korea Selling (Cuban) Arms to Hamas?
- WSJ: Putin Restores a Cuban Beachhead
- How Would You Feel if You Were Unjustly Jailed Eve...
- Cuba Takes a Repressive Turn Under Raul Castro
- ▼ 07/27 - 08/03 (24)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)