Rubio Says Cuban Intelligence Capability in U.S. ‘Grossly Underestimated’
"The Cuban government punches well above their weight"
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said Tuesday that the Cuban intelligence presence in Washington and the United States is “grossly underestimated.”
“I think Cuban intelligence is much more active in this country than people believe,” Rubio said in response to questions about New Jersey Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez’s claim that he was the target of a Cuban intelligence smear scheme. “It is in fact, one of the three or four most active intelligence agencies operating in the United States today.”
“This is an ongoing challenge for all administrations,” added Rubio, a Florida native of Cuban descent who sits on both the Senate Intelligence and Foreign Relations committees. “It’s an espionage issue. When it comes to intelligence gathering and the ability to carry out intelligence operations, the Cuban government punches well above their weight.”
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
07/06 - 07/13
- Putin, Cuba and Propaganda Ploys
- Cardinal Ortega's Not-Loyal-Enough Opposition
- Why Does Castro Feel So Threatened by Independent ...
- How Google Could Easily Help the Cuban People
- The Fate of Cubans if the U.S. Normalizes Relation...
- Quote of the Week: On Raul's "Reforms"
- Images: Vigils Honor Victims of Cuban Tugboat Mass...
- The Nerve of Odebrecht
- Famed Cuban Artist Arrested, Faces Summary Trial
- Confession of a Cuban State Security Agent
- State Department on Migration Talks With Cuba
- If the Embargo is "Castro's Best Friend"...
- Bipartisan Senators Support Probe of Cuban Plot Ag...
- Thursday: D.C. Vigil to Honor Victims of Cuban Tug...
- Rubio: Cuban Intel Capability in U.S. is Underesti...
- WaPo: Cuban Agents Suspected in Menendez Smear Cam...
- Tweet of the Day: Venezuelan Official Vacations in...
- Foreign Policy: Don't Believe Castro's "Gay-Friend...
- For Raul, Reforms Are About "Permanent Control"
- Over 100 Ladies in White Arrested
- Anniversary of the Canimar River Massacre
- When Dollars Trump Democracy
- Image of the Week: Cuban Soldiers Marching in Vene...
- Then and Now: On Car Sales in Cuba
- Tweet of the Day: Cuban Regime Demolishes House Ch...
- Maduro Names New Cuban Economic Adviser
- ▼ 07/06 - 07/13 (26)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)