According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, U.S. Rep. Mike Doyle (D-PA) invited the head of the Cuban Interests Section in Washington, D.C., Jose Cabanas, to visit Pittsburgh to discuss trade and business opportunities.
This is the same Rep. Doyle, who virulently opposed the "job-killing" trade agreements with democracies such as Peru, Colombia, Panama, Dominican Republic and Chile -- but has no problem promoting trade with Castro's dictatorship.
Moreover, this is the same Rep. Doyle, who claims to be a champion of labor, but is seemingly unconcerned that Cuba's entire foreign trade and investment framework is in violation of international labor law.
In his website, Rep. Doyle claims, "I believe that the United States should promote democracy and human rights around the world – and that a US policy of consistently promoting such values will benefit our country substantially in the long run."
Except in Cuba, where he prefers to schmooze with officials from the sole totalitarian dictatorship and worst human rights violator in the Western Hemisphere.
- ► 2016 (660)
- ► 2015 (1080)
06/29 - 07/06
- Putin Headed to Cuba Next Week
- Swiss Banking Regulators Take Tough Stance on Sanc...
- Why Sanctions Are Important
- On July 4th, the "Hard-Liners" Prevailed
- Another International Bank Pulls Out of Cuba
- More Banks Under Scrutiny for Sanctions Violations...
- U.S. Congressman Hosts Castro Regime Official in P...
- Nearly 1,000 Political Arrests in June, Arrests Qu...
- BNP Paribas Terminates Cuba Business
- Quote of the Week: On Doing Business in Cuba
- Tweet of the Week: Cubans Need More Than a Smartph...
- Google's Eric Schmidt Pulls a Pyongyang in Havana
- BNP Paribas Transacted $1.7 Billion With Cuban Reg...
- Castro Sends Message Through Imprisoned Canadian B...
- BNP Paribas Pleads Guilty, Will Pay $8.9 Billion f...
- 51st Sunday in a Row: Ladies in White Arrested in ...
- Cuban Pastor Detained, Religious Freedom Violation...
- While in Cuba, Argentine VP Indicted for Shady Dea...
- Chinese Teens Smuggled Into U.S. Through Cuba?
- Quote of the Week: Cuba's Havel and Walesa
- Image of the Week: Berta Soler Meets With German F...
- Cuban Dissident Headquarters Raided, a Dozen Arres...
- ▼ 06/29 - 07/06 (22)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)