In a statement yesterday, U.S. President Barack Obama warned Russia that "its actions in Ukraine have consequences."
Thus, he was announcing a new set of sanctions against Russian entities.
Kudos to President Obama. He's absolutely right.
In the same vein though, it begs the question(s):
When will the Cuban regime face consequences for taking and holding an American hostage since December 2009?
When will the Cuban regime face consequences for trafficking weapons to North Korea, in blatant violation of international law?
When will the Cuban regime face consequences for subverting democracy in Venezuela and coordinating its violent crackdown on peaceful opponents?
When will the Cuban regime face consequences for the dramatic rise in repression against its own peaceful opponents?
And most recently, will the Cuban regime face consequences for helping Russia intercept U.S. civilian and military communications?
For, thus far, the Cuban regime has faced few consequences.
Yet, plenty of concessions.
- ► 2016 (651)
- ► 2015 (1080)
07/13 - 07/20
- The AP's Apparent Disdain for Dissidents
- ALBA's Favorite Lobbyist
- A Sign of Growing Threats in Latin America
- How to Stifle "Reforms"
- Mariel's Unimpressive Start
- Castro Blames Ukraine and Israel
- Waiting for the Consequences
- Sanctioned Russian Companies Have Cuba Ties
- Tweet of the Day: What Raul and Putin Discussed
- Amnesty International: On Sentencing of Three Cuba...
- Russia to Reopen Military-Intelligence Gathering F...
- North Korea-Cuba: Ships of Subterfuge
- Tweet of the Day: On Foreign Journalists in Havana...
- State Department: Detention of Cuban Activists
- Did North Korean Vessel in Cuba Panic After Detect...
- How to Apologize for Castro's Monopolies
- Castro Reaffirms His Import Monopoly
- Putin in Havana: Seeking an Ally or a Satellite?
- Another Suspicious North Korean Vessel in Cuba
- Over 100 Ladies in White Arrested (Again)
- Tweet of the Day: On Ladies in White Arrest
- 20th Anniversary: A Massacre That Will Never Be Fo...
- ▼ 07/13 - 07/20 (22)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)