Fulton himself has dispersed it.
We've never had any doubt that former CIA analyst and Senate staffer, Fulton Armstrong, was the source of the AP's attacks on USAID's Cuba democracy programs. (See more here).
He's been connivingly (and unsuccessfully) trying to smear and eliminate these programs (along with any other irritant to the Castro regime) for years. Remember this?
Moreover, the AP's tone and exaggerations are quintessential Fulton.
Asked directly yesterday whether he was the source, he didn't deny it.
And today, Fulton has published an op-ed in The Tico Times, which is an homage to the AP's stories.
Let's not forget, the democracy programs targeted by the AP -- Cuban Twitter ("Zunzuneo") and the Latin American NGOs -- were both conducted between 2009-2011, during his tenure at the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
And in today's op-ed, his updated bio reveals:
"Fulton T. Armstrong, a senior fellow at American University’s Center for Latin American and Latino Studies (Washington, D.C.), has lived in Costa Rica for the past year and a half."
That's right. Fulton has been living in Costa Rica for the past year and a half.
An important detail -- both the Cuban Twitter and Latin American NGO programs were run out of Costa Rica.
In sum, the AP's stories -- printed within the last year (April and August 2014) -- regurgitate Fulton's infamous hyperbole; are based on two programs he had direct knowledge of as a Senate Foreign Relations Committee staffer; both programs were run out of Costa Rica; and most of the information came from Costa Rica, where he's been living for the past year and a half.
at 10:11 AM Wednesday, August 13, 2014
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
08/10 - 08/17
- Castro's WTO Blackmail
- Quote[s] of the Week: A Cuban's Biggest Dream
- Image of the Day: The Cuban Police State
- Hold Cuba Accountable for Illegal Arms Trafficking...
- Young Cuban Rapper Spends Another Birthday as Poli...
- Cuba's "Self-Employment" is Not Private Enterprise...
- OLPL: Invest in Cuba, History Will Confiscate You
- Yoani: Cuba's Mechanisms of Control Over Foreign N...
- If There Was Any Doubt That Fulton Armstrong Was t...
- Ladies in White Activist Suffers Miscarriage After...
- Learn More About Fulton Armstrong
- Cuba Ends Deepwater Oil Exploration Illusion
- Cuban Dissidents Have Long Distrusted AP's Corresp...
- Questions Raised About AP's Sources on Cuba Progra...
- Cuba: Religious Freedom Violations Doubled in Firs...
- Tweet of the Week: Anti-Castro Signs in Holguin
- Summary: AP Attacks Cuba Programs, Human Rights NG...
- ▼ 08/10 - 08/17 (17)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)