The image below is of Yunaisi Carracedo, a democracy activist with the Cuban Patriotic Union (UNPACU) in the eastern city of Santiago de Cuba.
She was beaten by Castro's agents during a weekend crackdown that resulted in the arrest of over 130 of UNPACU's members.
Yunaisi sustained injuries to the face, arm and hand.
Every weekend, Cuba's dictatorship violently attacks peaceful, female activists -- with impunity.
More "reform" you can't believe in.
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
08/24 - 08/31
- Vatican Envoy Speaks Truth About Cuba
- Tweet of the Day: Chairman Menendez on Vatican Env...
- Cuba: Religious Freedom Violations Continue to Ris...
- Internet for Cubans vs. Helping Castro's Censorshi...
- Another Chapter in the EU-Cuba Two-Step
- Tweet of the Day: Internet for Foreigners
- Quote of the Day: Only Freedom Can Bring Hope
- Should the U.S. Follow Europe's Fickle Lead?
- Cuban and European NGOs: Include Civil Society and...
- Tweet of the Day: U.N. Human Rights Council's Agen...
- Spanish Bank Tries to Impede Judgments Against Cub...
- Where Internet Censorship is Strongest
- Image of the Day: Kudos to Pierce Brosnan
- Tweet of the Day: On Violent Repression Against UN...
- Venezuelans (Cubans) Don't Believe Maduro's (Castr...
- Image of the Day: Female Activist Beaten by Cuban ...
- Propagandists, Anti-Sanctions Lobbyists or "Modera...
- Mujica Criticizes (Embodies) Double-Standards
- Tweet of the Day: 59th Straight Sunday of Repressi...
- Concern Over the Fate of Two Cuban Political Priso...
- Where Unlicensed Fishermen Are "Internal Enemies" ...
- ▼ 08/24 - 08/31 (21)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)