Ros-Lehtinen Pens Letter to Secretary Kerry Opposing Decision to Grant Three High Ranking Castro Regime Officials Entry Visas
WASHINGTON -- U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), Chairman of the Middle East and North Africa Subcommittee, made the following statement regarding news that the State Department has granted three high-level Cuban regime officials entry visas to the United States. Mariela Castro, Raul Castro’s daughter, has been granted an entry visa to take part in meetings in New York City and the United Nations; Josefina Vidal plans on visiting convicted Cuban spy and agent of the Castro regime, Antonio Guerrero; and, Antonio Castro, son of Fidel Castro, has stated that he will be visiting the Little League World Series and conducting meetings with Major League Baseball representatives.
Statement by Ros-Lehtinen:
“I’ve written to Secretary Kerry to express my opposition and concern over the State Department’s recent decision to grant these three high ranking Castro regime officials entry to the United States. A meaningless 'no' vote in the sham of the Cuban parliamentary by Mariela Castro doesn't fool anyone. This is a misguided decision that gives the appearance of normalcy in relations with this murderous regime and sends the wrong message to the 11 million Cuban people suffering under its oppressive rule. It is an affront to the principles of freedom and democracy, and I would urge the Administration to reverse its decision and instead push for greater reforms on the island.”
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
08/17 - 08/24
- Despite the Hype, Foreign Investors Shun Cuba
- Must-Read: Cuban Catholic Youth Activists Write Po...
- Quote of the Day: A Model for the World's Progress...
- Ask Fareed: Cold War or Today?
- Google Finally Discovers Long-Standing General Lic...
- Under Constant Threat: Antunez and Yris
- Note to AP: Dictatorship is Not "Tradition"
- Despite Threats, Travel Money Proves to be Too Imp...
- State Department's Castro-Friendly Visa Policy
- Fulton's Confession
- More Criticism of AP's Havana Bureau
- Tweet of the Day: Q Branch or Radio Shack?
- Eerily Similar Hostage-Taking Tactics
- For the Sake of the Victims of Tyranny, No More "R...
- Tweet of the Day: Imprisoned for a Parabolic Anten...
- ▼ 08/17 - 08/24 (15)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)