Today is the 31st birthday of dissident rapper, Angel Yunier Remon.
It's the second birthday he spends as a Cuban political prisoner.
Yunier Remon, whose stage name is "el Critico del Arte" ("The Art Critic"), was attacked with tear gas and arrested on March 21st, 2013, for his criticism of the Castro regime.
In prison -- where he is being held without charges or trial -- Yunier has been continuously beaten, contracted various diseases, denied family visits and held naked in a punishment cell.
He has undertaken several hunger strikes to protest his cruel and arbitrary imprisonment.
Demand his freedom.
at 2:30 PM Thursday, August 14, 2014
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
08/10 - 08/17
- Castro's WTO Blackmail
- Quote[s] of the Week: A Cuban's Biggest Dream
- Image of the Day: The Cuban Police State
- Hold Cuba Accountable for Illegal Arms Trafficking...
- Young Cuban Rapper Spends Another Birthday as Poli...
- Cuba's "Self-Employment" is Not Private Enterprise...
- OLPL: Invest in Cuba, History Will Confiscate You
- Yoani: Cuba's Mechanisms of Control Over Foreign N...
- If There Was Any Doubt That Fulton Armstrong Was t...
- Ladies in White Activist Suffers Miscarriage After...
- Learn More About Fulton Armstrong
- Cuba Ends Deepwater Oil Exploration Illusion
- Cuban Dissidents Have Long Distrusted AP's Corresp...
- Questions Raised About AP's Sources on Cuba Progra...
- Cuba: Religious Freedom Violations Doubled in Firs...
- Tweet of the Week: Anti-Castro Signs in Holguin
- Summary: AP Attacks Cuba Programs, Human Rights NG...
- ▼ 08/10 - 08/17 (17)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)