And these are "rational" Cuban leaders that some want the U.S. to negotiate with.
So now that Castro believes the U.S. and Israel have served as an "excuse" for ISIS, will anti-U.S. policy advocates argue that we should just ignore ISIS -- so as to not give them an "excuse"?
Of course not.
From The Hill:
Fidel Castro accuses McCain, Israel of creating ISIS
Former Cuban President Fidel Castro is reportedly accusing Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Israel of conspiring to create the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
In a column written for Cuban state media, the former communist leader attacked McCain as Israel’s “most unconditional ally.”
Castro, 88, alleged McCain “together with [Mossad, conspired] in the creation of the Islamic State, which today controls a considerable and vital portion of Iraq and reportedly one-third of Syria as well.”
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
08/31 - 09/07
- Tweet of the Week: On Cuba's Record Political Arre...
- Eye on Cuba: A Closer Look at Repression
- Presidential Determination to Extend Cuba Sanction...
- How Cuban Intelligence Targets U.S. Academic Trave...
- How Cuban Intelligence Seeks to Influence U.S. Pol...
- FBI Report: Cuban Intelligence Aggressively Target...
- The Problem With Regurgitating Castro's "Statistic...
- New Cuban Spy Case Still a Mystery
- Castro Blames U.S., Israel for ISIS
- Tweet(s) of the Day: McCain Responds to Castro
- State Department: Cuba Does Not Meet Summit of Ame...
- Castro Sets New Record of Political Arrests
- Quote of the Day: On the Spike in Cuban Rafters
- Female Democracy Activist Under Siege
- Cuba's Serial Monopolist
- Tweet of the Day: Where's the Letter to Raul?
- Cuban Spies Target U.S. Satellite Intelligence Age...
- How Tourists Don't Help the Cuban People
- Name This Dictatorship
- European NGO: EU Must Pressure Cuba to Respect Hum...
- ▼ 08/31 - 09/07 (20)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)