As part of its yearly propaganda charade, the Castro regime claims that U.S. sanctions have cost it $3.9 billion over the past year.
This includes $205.8 million from "lost" sales of cigars and rum.
Note the irony:
The Castro regime denies the Cuban people their fundamental right to own businesses in their country; to invest in their country; and to import and export from their country.
This "right" is reserved only for Castro's monopolies.
Yet, it believes its monopolies somehow have a "right" to do business with the United States.
U.S. economic sanctions against Cuba have cost the island nation $3.9 billion in foreign trade over the past year, helping to raise the overall estimate of economic damage to $116.8 billion over the past 55 years, Cuba said on Tuesday.
The figures were published in a report that Cuba prepares for the United Nations each year in requesting a resolution urging an end to the comprehensive U.S. economic embargo and other sanctions against Cuba's Communist government.
at 9:59 AM Thursday, September 11, 2014
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
09/07 - 09/14
- Obama Must Defend the Summit's "Democracy Clause"
- Tweet(s) of the Day: U.N. Ambassador Samantha Powe...
- Colombia Does Venezuela's (Cuba's) Dirty Work
- Caught on Film: Cuban Coast Guard Repressing Rafte...
- You Can't "Save" the Summit Without Its "Democracy...
- Cuba Claims It Has a "Right" to Do Business With t...
- Interview With a Young (Former) Cuban State Securi...
- Cuba and North Korea Share More Than Arms Traffick...
- Tweet(s) of the Day: Threats by Cuban Regime Offic...
- On Cuba's "Black Market"
- Independent Journalist Arrested, Pressured to Leav...
- Why Cuba Targets American Universities
- Why Are There So Many Police Agents on Cuba's Beac...
- Cuban Law Student Remains Imprisoned, On Hunger St...
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba as a Counter-Intelligence T...
- Yoani: A Dissident and a Patriot
- The Washington "Think-Tank" Charade
- Brazil Pays Cuba Over $1 Billion for Human Traffic...
- Pope Francis' Message to Cubans
- U.N. Investigates Another Suspicious North Korea-C...
- Solidarity and Truth: On Religious Persecution in ...
- A Reminder of Cuba's Continued Tragedy
- ▼ 09/07 - 09/14 (22)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)