Independent labor leader, Vladimir Morera Bacallao, is in critical condition pursuant to over 90 days on a hunger strike protesting his unjust imprisonment.
In November 2013, Morera Bacallao was sentenced to eight years in prison by the Castro regime for his independent organizing activities.
He's been recently transferred to the Orlando Milan Castro Hospital in Santa Clara.
"All of us, his family, are opposed to the hunger strike. But he asks us not to insist, to respect his decision. He wants to prove his innocence with his life," his wife, Vilma Morera Bacallo, told Diario de Cuba.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
09/14 - 09/21
- Chinese Military Illegally Sold U.S. Telecom Equip...
- Bringing Freedom of Expression to Cuba, One Story ...
- Tweet of the Week: Venezuela on U.N. Security Coun...
- The Speech Cuba's Regime Didn't Want You to Hear
- Imprisoned Cuban Labor Leader in Critical Conditio...
- More on Cuba's Continued (Tragic) Exodus
- PR Firm Pays Celebrities for Foreign Propaganda Ju...
- A False Choice for Cuban Baseball Players
- Cuban Spy Signals Intercepted
- S&P Downgrades Venezuela, Faces One-in-Two Chance ...
- U.N. Agency: Cuban Intelligence Defector is a Refu...
- Must-Watch: Cuban Regime Tries to Silence Blind Ac...
- Quote(s) of the Week: On American Hostages in Cuba...
- Image of the Day: Another Rogue Regime, Another Am...
- Cuba's "Doctors Without Freedom"
- Quote of the Day: Venezuela's Military Neo-Tyranny...
- Cuban Doctors Flee Venezuela in Record Numbers
- North Korea-Cuba Arms Trafficker Continues Operati...
- Remembering the Cuban-Americans of 9/11
- Twenty Years Later: Cuba's Raft Exodus Continues
- ▼ 09/14 - 09/21 (20)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)