Colombia's NTN24 news network has a fascinating interview (in Spanish) with Rafael Alejandro Hernandez, a young former Cuban state security official, who is currently seeking political asylum (along with two colleagues) in Cuba.
The Colombian government has denied them political asylum, seemingly due to fear of repercussions (blackmail) by Havana.
If they are returned to Cuba, their lives will be in great danger.
In the interview, Hernandez discusses:
- The infiltration of Venezuela's student protests by Cuban agents.
- The motioning of all emails and communications of Cuban medical personnel trafficked abroad.
- Athletes in sports exchanges who are trained as state security agents.
- A mission whereby he was being prepared to infiltrate Miami-Dade Community College.
See the full interview below:
at 9:28 AM Thursday, September 11, 2014
- ► 2016 (646)
- ► 2015 (1080)
09/07 - 09/14
- Obama Must Defend the Summit's "Democracy Clause"
- Tweet(s) of the Day: U.N. Ambassador Samantha Powe...
- Colombia Does Venezuela's (Cuba's) Dirty Work
- Caught on Film: Cuban Coast Guard Repressing Rafte...
- You Can't "Save" the Summit Without Its "Democracy...
- Cuba Claims It Has a "Right" to Do Business With t...
- Interview With a Young (Former) Cuban State Securi...
- Cuba and North Korea Share More Than Arms Traffick...
- Tweet(s) of the Day: Threats by Cuban Regime Offic...
- On Cuba's "Black Market"
- Independent Journalist Arrested, Pressured to Leav...
- Why Cuba Targets American Universities
- Why Are There So Many Police Agents on Cuba's Beac...
- Cuban Law Student Remains Imprisoned, On Hunger St...
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba as a Counter-Intelligence T...
- Yoani: A Dissident and a Patriot
- The Washington "Think-Tank" Charade
- Brazil Pays Cuba Over $1 Billion for Human Traffic...
- Pope Francis' Message to Cubans
- U.N. Investigates Another Suspicious North Korea-C...
- Solidarity and Truth: On Religious Persecution in ...
- A Reminder of Cuba's Continued Tragedy
- ▼ 09/07 - 09/14 (22)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)