Wonder who's paying Danny Glover's tab for his Cuba junkets.
By Washington Free Beacon:
For Ecuador’s PR Firm, Celebrity Backing Carries Hefty Price Tag
MCSquared paid more than $500,000 for Mia Farrow, Danny Glover junkets
A public relations firm’s legally suspect work on behalf of the Ecuadorian government included hundreds of thousands of dollars paid to talent agencies representing prominent celebrities who traveled to the country to bemoan environmental damage there.
The firm, MCSquared, organized junkets to Ecuador last year, where actors Danny Glover and Mia Farrow promoted an Ecuadorian lawsuit against oil company Chevron over alleged environmental contamination.
According to documents filed with the Justice Department last week, MCSquared paid more than half-a-million dollars to two prominent talent agencies to recruit celebrities for the events.
Those payments were part of a $6.4 million PR contract on behalf of the government of Ecuador. MCSquared undertook much of the work last year, but only notified the DOJ, as is required by federal law, in July after the Washington Free Beacon reported that it had failed to disclose its contract with that government.
Ecuador hired the firm specifically to go after Chevron, which has resisted paying a $9 billion judgment the company claims was obtained by fraud and corruption on the part of American plaintiffs’ attorneys.
MCSquared filed an amended Foreign Agent Registration Act disclosure on Wednesday detailing nearly $2 million in disbursements related to work attacking Chevron and promoting efforts to enforce the judgment in other countries where the company has assets.
Among MCSquared’s listed disbursements were payments of $188,391.12 to Greater Talent Network, which represents Mia Farrow, and $330,000 to the American Program Bureau, which represents Danny Glover.
at 8:00 AM Thursday, September 18, 2014
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
09/14 - 09/21
- Chinese Military Illegally Sold U.S. Telecom Equip...
- Bringing Freedom of Expression to Cuba, One Story ...
- Tweet of the Week: Venezuela on U.N. Security Coun...
- The Speech Cuba's Regime Didn't Want You to Hear
- Imprisoned Cuban Labor Leader in Critical Conditio...
- More on Cuba's Continued (Tragic) Exodus
- PR Firm Pays Celebrities for Foreign Propaganda Ju...
- A False Choice for Cuban Baseball Players
- Cuban Spy Signals Intercepted
- S&P Downgrades Venezuela, Faces One-in-Two Chance ...
- U.N. Agency: Cuban Intelligence Defector is a Refu...
- Must-Watch: Cuban Regime Tries to Silence Blind Ac...
- Quote(s) of the Week: On American Hostages in Cuba...
- Image of the Day: Another Rogue Regime, Another Am...
- Cuba's "Doctors Without Freedom"
- Quote of the Day: Venezuela's Military Neo-Tyranny...
- Cuban Doctors Flee Venezuela in Record Numbers
- North Korea-Cuba Arms Trafficker Continues Operati...
- Remembering the Cuban-Americans of 9/11
- Twenty Years Later: Cuba's Raft Exodus Continues
- ▼ 09/14 - 09/21 (20)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)