Presidential Determination -- Continuation of the Exercise of Certain Authorities Under the Trading With the Enemy Act
Under section 101(b) of Public Law 95-223 (91 Stat. 1625; 50 U.S.C. App. 5(b) note), and a previous determination on September 12, 2013 (78 FR 57225, September 17, 2013), the exercise of certain authorities under the Trading With the Enemy Act is scheduled to terminate on September 14, 2014.
I hereby determine that the continuation for 1 year of the exercise of those authorities with respect to Cuba is in the national interest of the United States.
Therefore, consistent with the authority vested in me by section 101(b) of Public Law 95-223, I continue for 1 year, until September 14, 2015, the exercise of those authorities with respect to Cuba, as implemented by the Cuban Assets Control Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 515.
The Secretary of the Treasury is authorized and directed to publish this determination in the Federal Register.
at 10:15 AM Saturday, September 6, 2014
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
08/31 - 09/07
- Tweet of the Week: On Cuba's Record Political Arre...
- Eye on Cuba: A Closer Look at Repression
- Presidential Determination to Extend Cuba Sanction...
- How Cuban Intelligence Targets U.S. Academic Trave...
- How Cuban Intelligence Seeks to Influence U.S. Pol...
- FBI Report: Cuban Intelligence Aggressively Target...
- The Problem With Regurgitating Castro's "Statistic...
- New Cuban Spy Case Still a Mystery
- Castro Blames U.S., Israel for ISIS
- Tweet(s) of the Day: McCain Responds to Castro
- State Department: Cuba Does Not Meet Summit of Ame...
- Castro Sets New Record of Political Arrests
- Quote of the Day: On the Spike in Cuban Rafters
- Female Democracy Activist Under Siege
- Cuba's Serial Monopolist
- Tweet of the Day: Where's the Letter to Raul?
- Cuban Spies Target U.S. Satellite Intelligence Age...
- How Tourists Don't Help the Cuban People
- Name This Dictatorship
- European NGO: EU Must Pressure Cuba to Respect Hum...
- ▼ 08/31 - 09/07 (20)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)