Earlier this year, Florida International University (FIU) released a sloppy push-poll on Cuban-American policy attitudes, which was full of glaring manipulations, omissions and contradictions.
The poll was funded by a for-profit lobbying firm, the Trimpa Group, which is pushing the Obama Administration to unilaterally and unconditionally lift sanctions towards Cuba's dictatorship.
(In a recent New York Times story, this lobbying firm admits to representing clients on this issue. Yet, has not federally-registered to disclose its lobbying activity.)
After being pressed on the poll's inconsistencies, FIU Professor Guillermo Grenier admitted to manipulating the results.
This week, Professor Grenier attended a closed-door event organized by the Cuban Interests Section in Washington, D.C.
According to the private invitation, the focus of the event was to:
“Condemn the economic, commercial and financial blockade; the subversive policy of the United States against Cuba; its inclusion in the international states-sponsor of terrorism list; and to support the growing international calls for the release of three anti-terrorism Cuban fighters who remain imprisoned in the United States."
Other attendees included the head of the Cuban Interests Section in Washington, D.C., Jose Cabanas, the Cuban dictatorship's U.S. lawyer, Jose Pertierra, and "Maceito Brigade" leader Andres Gomez.
That's quite a pro-Castro soiree.
And yet -- even despite last month's election results (once again) disproving FIU's push-poll -- some media outlets still try to present it as an "academic" endeavor.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
12/07 - 12/14
- Final Tally: 240 Dissidents Arrested in Cuba Durin...
- Tweet of the Day: Venezuela's Rights Violators
- Ortega Bans Rubio and Ros-Lehtinen from Nicaragua
- Must-Watch: On Senate Floor, Rubio Talks Cuba, Sum...
- The AP's Latest Attack: On Cuba's Independent Rapp...
- Quote of the Day: Cuban Rapper Disputes AP Story
- Rubio Opposes Blinken Nomination Over Cuba Policy
- On the President's Desk: Venezuela Sanctions Bill
- On Human Rights Day: Dozens of Dissidents Arrested...
- Powerful Images: Cuban Dissidents Arrested on Huma...
- Quote of the Day: Cuba Will be Free Very Soon
- Cuba’s Dissidents Have a Bone to Pick with the New...
- Cuba Suspends Talks With European Union
- Must-Read: The Dark Side of Cuba’s Ebola Economy
- On the House Floor: Cuba Remarks by U.S. Rep. Ros-...
- Don't "Gruberize" With Cuba Policy
- Menendez Statement on Venezuela Sanctions Bill
- Rubio Statement on Venezuela Sanctions Bill
- Senate Passes Venezuela Sanctions Bill
- Pictures Show The New York Times' Cuba Double-Stan...
- No Ideology for Vile Dictators
- Cuban Dissident Leader to NYT: It's Not Time to Li...
- Must-Read: The Sole Impediment to Internet Connect...
- Disingenuous FIU Pollster Presents at Pro-Castro S...
- Quote of the Day: Congressman-Elect Curbelo's Vict...
- ▼ 12/07 - 12/14 (25)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)