A Letter to the Editor of The Jersey Journal:
With Truman traits, Sen. Menendez should run for president
As a liberal hawk (actually someone who is neither hawk nor dove, but supports military action as a last resort), I strongly recommend U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez, D-NJ, to consider running for vice president, if Hillary is the presidential nominee. Or better still, run for president himself. He has been a strong liberal advocate and very strong on national defense.
He is no fool on the Iranians trying to develop a nuclear weapon and has been stronger on this than the Obama administration, who initially opposed the Menendez led stronger sanctions on Iran. On Cuba, he is more correct than Hillary, who recently came out against U.S. sanctions on that island.
Free trade with China or Vietnam has not changed either nations and both nations have political prisoners. Would dropping sanctions on Cuba lead to the same thing -- a little capitalism, good for multinational corporations, but still a communist dictatorship?
Sen. Menendez is the perfect person to run for a liberal “hawk” like myself. He is in the tradition of Harry Truman -- a real liberal, but strong on military policy. Run Bob, run, run. You could be the first Hispanic president or vice president.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
11/30 - 12/07
- For the Record: What Cuba's Independent Journalist...
- Political Arrests Have Quadrupled in Cuba
- Internet Freedom: Cuba Ranks Last in Americas, Fou...
- Landmine Report: Cuba Remains Among World's Few (R...
- New York Times Writer Gets Earful From Cuban Dissi...
- Quote of the Day: Justice on Its Knees in Venezuel...
- Congressman-Elect Curbelo Remarks to U.S.-Cuba Dem...
- Lt. Governor Lopez-Cantera Remarks to U.S.-Cuba De...
- Tweet of the Day: Five Years Ago Today
- Chairwoman Mikulski Renews Call for Alan Gross' Re...
- Governor Jeb Bush Remarks to U.S.-Cuba Democracy P...
- Chairman Menendez Remarks to U.S.-Cuba Democracy P...
- Senator Rubio Remarks to U.S.-Cuba Democracy PAC
- MH Editorial Board: "Let Alan Gross Go Now!"
- White House Statement on Anniversary of Alan Gross...
- State Department on Alan Gross' Continued Imprison...
- State Department: No Equivalence Between Gross and...
- A Poor "Excuse"
- In the Mold of Harry Truman
- Quote of the Day: Cuba Should be Penalized for Gro...
- "People-to-People" Trips Are Insulting
- A Timely Reminder in The New York Times
- Quote of the Week: On Alan Gross' Efforts in Cuba
- Young Cuban Rafter Repatriated to a Certain Death
- Video: Protest at Funeral of Repatriated Young Cub...
- ▼ 11/30 - 12/07 (25)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)