Yesterday, White House Press Secretary, Josh Earnest, said President Obama will sign the Venezuela sanctions bill that was passed by both chambers of the U.S. Congress this week.
The bill, the Venezuela Defense of Human Rights and Civil Society Act of 2014, directs the President to sanctions Venezuelan officials who were involved in human rights violations against protesters, or who ordered the arrest of opposition activists for exercising freedom of assembly.
The sanctions include revoking visas or barring entry to the United States, and freezing their assets in the United States.
- ► 2016 (694)
- ► 2015 (1080)
12/07 - 12/14
- Final Tally: 240 Dissidents Arrested in Cuba Durin...
- Tweet of the Day: Venezuela's Rights Violators
- Ortega Bans Rubio and Ros-Lehtinen from Nicaragua
- Must-Watch: On Senate Floor, Rubio Talks Cuba, Sum...
- The AP's Latest Attack: On Cuba's Independent Rapp...
- Quote of the Day: Cuban Rapper Disputes AP Story
- Rubio Opposes Blinken Nomination Over Cuba Policy
- On the President's Desk: Venezuela Sanctions Bill
- On Human Rights Day: Dozens of Dissidents Arrested...
- Powerful Images: Cuban Dissidents Arrested on Huma...
- Quote of the Day: Cuba Will be Free Very Soon
- Cuba’s Dissidents Have a Bone to Pick with the New...
- Cuba Suspends Talks With European Union
- Must-Read: The Dark Side of Cuba’s Ebola Economy
- On the House Floor: Cuba Remarks by U.S. Rep. Ros-...
- Don't "Gruberize" With Cuba Policy
- Menendez Statement on Venezuela Sanctions Bill
- Rubio Statement on Venezuela Sanctions Bill
- Senate Passes Venezuela Sanctions Bill
- Pictures Show The New York Times' Cuba Double-Stan...
- No Ideology for Vile Dictators
- Cuban Dissident Leader to NYT: It's Not Time to Li...
- Must-Read: The Sole Impediment to Internet Connect...
- Disingenuous FIU Pollster Presents at Pro-Castro S...
- Quote of the Day: Congressman-Elect Curbelo's Vict...
- ▼ 12/07 - 12/14 (25)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)