Two Cuban political prisoners from the list of 53 that had been negotiated by President Obama and General Raul Castro have been re-arrested.
They are Rolando Reyes Rabanal and Luis Enrique Labrador.
According to Hablemos Press, Rabanal and Labrador were arrested -- along with other activists -- as they sought to attend a meeting of the opposition group, Movement for a New Republic.
Also arrested at the meeting was Lazara Maria Borrego Guzman, a member of The Ladies in White. Regime officials fractured her arm during the violent arrest.
Meanwhile, another opposition activist, Miguel Daniel Borroto Vazquez, was beaten and arrested outside his home. Borrot Vazquez in being held at the Castro detention center in Havana, known as El Vivac.
Rabanal and Labrador aren't the first from the list of 53, who have been re-arrested.
Marcelino Abreu Bonora, who had been out of prison since October 24th, but was somehow included in Obama's list of 53 was then re-arrested after the December 17th announcement (on December 26th), brutally beaten (click here to see evidence) and kept in a punishment cell for nearly two weeks before being re-released on January 7th.
This Obama-Castro deal is clearly going from bad to worse.
- ► 2016 (694)
01/11 - 01/18
- Cuban Dissidents From Obama-Castro's List of 53 Re...
- Western Hemisphere Chair: Obama's Policy a Reward ...
- Obama Should Help Cubans, Not Castro
- Video: Menendez Floor Remarks on U.S.-Cuba Policy
- Quote of the Day: On Cuban Prisoner Re-Arrests
- Statement on Obama's New Cuba Regulations
- Castro Re-Arrests Cuban Dissidents From the List o...
- Tweet of the Day: The Clear Beneficiary of Obama's...
- Senators Question Legality of Cuba Regulatory Chan...
- Quote of the Day: Cuba is Not Dubai
- Must-Read: Senator Menendez Floor Remarks on U.S.-...
- Why is the Obama Administration Being Dishonest Ab...
- Rubio Presses Obama for Answers on Cuban Prisoner'...
- WSJ: The U.S.-Cuba Deal Heightens the Spy Threat
- When Will Cuba's Remaining Political Prisoners be ...
- Bipartisan New Jersey Congressional Delegation: Re...
- While Obama Celebrates Releases, More Cuban Dissid...
- Shunning Cuba's Dissidents
- Obama Gives Cuba a Hemispheric Coup
- Tweet of the Day: Evidence of Abuse by the Cuban A...
- Quote of the Day: Not Free, Until Cuba is Free
- Tampa Lawyer Killed in Cuba, Secrecy Ensues
- Obama Has Created a Dangerous Precedent in Cuba
- Quote of the Day: Cuba's "Conditional" Releases
- An Important Role for Radio and TV Marti in Cuba
- The Cuba Deal: Coexisting And Profiting With Tyran...
- ▼ 01/11 - 01/18 (26)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)