According to the 2015 Index of Economic Freedom, which was released today, Cuba remains the world's second least-free economy.
Cuba ranked 177 out of 178 in the world. Only North Korea is less free.
The Index of Economic Freedom is an annual guide published by The Wall Street Journal and The Heritage Foundation.
The reason for Cuba's dismal placement is the Castro regime's insistence on monopolizing all foreign trade and investment, and the lack of a rule of law.
So why isn't U.S. Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker leading a trade delegation to Zimbabwe, which is two-notches freer than Cuba?
Why isn't the U.S. Chamber of Commerce forming a Working Group for Iran, which is six-notches freer than Cuba?
Or how about a U.S. Agriculture Coalition for Belarus, which is fourteen-notches freer than Cuba?
Rather, why are the Obama Administration and its agri-business allies so intent on financing Castro's brutal, monopolistic dictatorship?
- ► 2016 (694)
01/25 - 02/01
- How Tourism Foments Repression 101
- Quote of the Day: Relegating Rights to Trade With ...
- Investing in Cuba is a Very Risky Business
- Castro Asks, Flake-Leahy Deliver
- MSNBC: Not Satisfied, Raul Castro Issues New Deman...
- Quote of the Day: No Tourism Concessions to the Cu...
- Castro Knows He Can Keep Upping the Bid on Obama
- The Odds of Congress Lifting the Cuban Embargo
- Either Raul Lied or Obama Misled on Cuba
- Cuba Remains World's Second Least-Free Economy
- Cuban Dissident Rapper Gets One-Year Prison Senten...
- Quote of the Week: Inviting Cubans to the Negotiat...
- Over 300 Democracy Activists Concerned With Obama-...
- Cuba's Regime Facilitating Narcotics Trafficking (...
- Religious Freedom Violations on the Rise in Cuba
- Tweet of the Day: MasterCard Can't Purchase Freedo...
- Castro's $6 Billion Problem
- One-Sided Deal (and Talks) Benefiting Cuba's Dicta...
- Tweet of the Day: 13 Ladies in White Arrested in C...
- Quote of the Day: Cuba is About Control, Control, ...
- Obama's Cuba Credibility Deficit
- U.S. Officials Must Demand Free Elections and Acco...
- Image of the Week: American and Cuban Civil Rights...
- A Question for Roberta Jacobson
- ▼ 01/25 - 02/01 (24)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)