[The Cuban political prisoners] are being released on parole, in one of those tricks of infamy that they have accustomed us to. They put on the sheet of paper that they were released on condition of good behavior. Yet they had been denying them any kind of benefit because, according to the State Security jailers, they were behaving very badly by also protesting within the prisons. What's most important has yet to be resolved, which is for what we fight -- ending the arbitrary legal order that gives rise to so many innocent people going to prison, the lack of a independence of powers of the state of Cuba, the largest factory of prisoners of conscience.-- Jose Daniel Ferrer, head of Cuba's largest democratic opposition group, the Cuban Patriotic Union (UNPACU), 1/10/15
at 11:05 AM Sunday, January 11, 2015
- ► 2016 (644)
01/11 - 01/18
- Cuban Dissidents From Obama-Castro's List of 53 Re...
- Western Hemisphere Chair: Obama's Policy a Reward ...
- Obama Should Help Cubans, Not Castro
- Video: Menendez Floor Remarks on U.S.-Cuba Policy
- Quote of the Day: On Cuban Prisoner Re-Arrests
- Statement on Obama's New Cuba Regulations
- Castro Re-Arrests Cuban Dissidents From the List o...
- Tweet of the Day: The Clear Beneficiary of Obama's...
- Senators Question Legality of Cuba Regulatory Chan...
- Quote of the Day: Cuba is Not Dubai
- Must-Read: Senator Menendez Floor Remarks on U.S.-...
- Why is the Obama Administration Being Dishonest Ab...
- Rubio Presses Obama for Answers on Cuban Prisoner'...
- WSJ: The U.S.-Cuba Deal Heightens the Spy Threat
- When Will Cuba's Remaining Political Prisoners be ...
- Bipartisan New Jersey Congressional Delegation: Re...
- While Obama Celebrates Releases, More Cuban Dissid...
- Shunning Cuba's Dissidents
- Obama Gives Cuba a Hemispheric Coup
- Tweet of the Day: Evidence of Abuse by the Cuban A...
- Quote of the Day: Not Free, Until Cuba is Free
- Tampa Lawyer Killed in Cuba, Secrecy Ensues
- Obama Has Created a Dangerous Precedent in Cuba
- Quote of the Day: Cuba's "Conditional" Releases
- An Important Role for Radio and TV Marti in Cuba
- The Cuba Deal: Coexisting And Profiting With Tyran...
- ▼ 01/11 - 01/18 (26)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)