Excerpt from today's Senate testimony by Ladies in White leader, Berta Soler:
Honorable Members of the Subcommittee,
Our aspirations are legitimate because they are undergirded by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to which Cuba is a party, and the signed international pacts on civil and political rights which have not been ratified by the dictatorship. Our demands are quite concrete: freedom for political prisoners, recognition of civil society, the elimination of all criminal dispositions that penalize freedom of expression and association and the right of the Cuban people to choose their future through free, multiparty elections.
We believe these demands are just and valid. Even more importantly, for us they represent the most concrete exercise of politics, a step in the direction of democratic coexistence. Cuba will change when the laws that enable and protect the criminal behavior of the forces of repression and corrupt elements that sustain the regime change.
In the name of those who have been executed.
In the name of Cuban political prisoners.
In the name of the pilots from the humanitarian organization, Brothers to the Rescue, murdered on Fidel Castro’s orders.
In the name of the victims from the “March 13th” tugboat.
In the name of the victims of Cuba’s Communist regime.
Cuba si, Castro no.
at 12:20 AM Wednesday, February 4, 2015
- ► 2016 (694)
02/01 - 02/08
- More Questions Than Answers at Cuba Hearings
- With April Summit Looming, Castro Accelerates Coer...
- Crony Capitalism and Cuba's Marxist Generals
- Should Ex-Im Finance Exports to Cuba?
- Listen to Cuba's Civil Society Leaders
- Video: Cuban Dissidents Protest at National Assemb...
- Dissidents Arrested for Protest Near Cuban Nationa...
- Must-Watch: State Lied to the Families of American...
- Chairman Royce: Obama Gives Cuban Regime New Lease...
- South FL State Legislators and Officials Write Oba...
- Cuba: Artist Awaits Decision on Charges
- Code Pink Supports Obama's Cuba Policy
- Agribusiness Should Come Clean About 'Trade' With ...
- Berta Soler: In the Name of the Victims of Cuba's ...
- Rosa Maria Paya: Don't Turn Your Backs on Cubans A...
- Tweet of the Day: State Official "Unaware" of Cuba...
- This Week: Three Cuba Hearings on Capitol Hill
- Rubio Op-Ed in CNN: Cuba Taking Advantage of U.S.
- Quote of the Day: Obama's Bad Negotiations
- Russia Plans Joint Military Drills With North Kore...
- Canada Thrilled Obama Likes Its Failed Cuba Policy...
- Obama Should Focus on Internet, Not Tourists in Cu...
- What Business in Cuba Looks Like
- On Obama's Cuba Deal: Not In Our Name
- ▼ 02/01 - 02/08 (24)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)