Last week, Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro traveled to Cuba to receive instructions from his mentors, Fidel and Raul Castro.
Upon returning, Maduro intensified repression against the Venezuelan people and ordered the violent and arbitrary arrest of the Mayor of Caracas, Antonio Ledezma.
All of this under the noses of the Obama Administration and its Congressional allies, who wish to ignore the fact Cuba continues to actively subvert democratic institutions in the Western Hemisphere.
Instead, they seek to continue rewarding the Castro regime for its nefarious activities -- a misguided strategy that will prove to have negative consequences for the entire region.
From Cuba's state media:
Cuba Confirms Solidarity with Bolivarian Revolution in Venezuela
Cuba condemned the coup attempt, assassination attempts and conspiracies denounced by the government of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, while it confirmed its total support for the Bolivarian Revolution.
The Republic of Cuba has expressed its invariable solidarity and support for the people and government of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela and its legitimate president, Nicolas Maduro Moros, according to a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MINREX).
The MINREX criticized the economic and media warfare waged against the Maduro government, and strongly rejected "statements and interference by the United States and the Organization of American States (OAS), which encourage and promote internal subversion, violating the sovereignty, independence and free determination of the Venezuelan people."
The MINREX's press release ratified that the Cuban collaborators working in Venezuela, as part of the different social missions, will remain in the country "in compliance with their duties under any circumstances, for the benefit of the brother, friendly and noble Venezuelan people."
at 10:26 AM Sunday, February 22, 2015
- ► 2016 (694)
02/22 - 03/01
- Video: Cuba Debate at the McCain Institute
- Menendez Letter to Kerry: On Cuba's Designation as...
- Remittances Used to Launder Medicare Fraud Money t...
- Cuba Continues Coercing the Obama Administration
- A Question for Obama: From the Mother of an Americ...
- Quote of the Week: On Tomorrow's Cuba Hearing
- Cuba Belongs on the State-Sponsors of Terrorism Li...
- Venezuela Proves Fallacy of Obama's Cuba Policy
- Another Young Venezuelan Murdered by Maduro's Regi...
- Bring to Justice Indicted Cuban Officials Responsi...
- An Act of Terrorism by Cuba's Regime
- WaPo Editorial: Venezuela and Cuba, Partners in Re...
- Rubio: On Arrest of Over 200 Cuban Dissidents
- Tweet of the Day: A Man Who Died for All Cubans #O...
- Over 200 Dissidents Arrested in Cuba Today
- Image: Female Cuban Dissident Pelted With Tar
- Cuban Independent Journalist Gets Long Prison Sent...
- Cuban Pastor's Son Arrested to Prevent Church Acti...
- WaPo Editorial: Courting the Castros
- Cuba Officially Supports Subversion of Democracy i...
- Tweet of the Week: Maduro's Visit to Cuba is No Co...
- ▼ 02/22 - 03/01 (21)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)