This morning, a group of twelve dissidents were arrested as they tried to stage a protest near the Havana headquarters of the Cuban regime's National Assembly.
The dissidents, part of the Orlando Zapata Tamayo Civil Resistance Front ("OZT Front"), took out signs demanding the elimination of Castro's draconian laws (i.e. "social dangerousness") and the ratification of the U.N.'s human rights covenants.
Those arrested include Reinaldo Rodríguez, Francisco Garcia, Lazaro Jose de la Noval, Hugo Damián Prieto, Leudis Reyes, Lázaro Mendoza, José A. Pompa, Luis A. Domínguez, Andrés A. Domínguez, Ernesto Fonseca, Ricardo Luna and Luis E. Lopez.
Their whereabouts remain unknown.
In stark contrast, Cuban democracy activists, Jorge Luis Garcia Perez "Antunez" and Sara Marta Fonseca, both leaders of the OZT Front, are freely and openly testifying before the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington, D.C. this morning.
at 1:45 PM Thursday, February 5, 2015
- ► 2016 (694)
02/01 - 02/08
- More Questions Than Answers at Cuba Hearings
- With April Summit Looming, Castro Accelerates Coer...
- Crony Capitalism and Cuba's Marxist Generals
- Should Ex-Im Finance Exports to Cuba?
- Listen to Cuba's Civil Society Leaders
- Video: Cuban Dissidents Protest at National Assemb...
- Dissidents Arrested for Protest Near Cuban Nationa...
- Must-Watch: State Lied to the Families of American...
- Chairman Royce: Obama Gives Cuban Regime New Lease...
- South FL State Legislators and Officials Write Oba...
- Cuba: Artist Awaits Decision on Charges
- Code Pink Supports Obama's Cuba Policy
- Agribusiness Should Come Clean About 'Trade' With ...
- Berta Soler: In the Name of the Victims of Cuba's ...
- Rosa Maria Paya: Don't Turn Your Backs on Cubans A...
- Tweet of the Day: State Official "Unaware" of Cuba...
- This Week: Three Cuba Hearings on Capitol Hill
- Rubio Op-Ed in CNN: Cuba Taking Advantage of U.S.
- Quote of the Day: Obama's Bad Negotiations
- Russia Plans Joint Military Drills With North Kore...
- Canada Thrilled Obama Likes Its Failed Cuba Policy...
- Obama Should Focus on Internet, Not Tourists in Cu...
- What Business in Cuba Looks Like
- On Obama's Cuba Deal: Not In Our Name
- ▼ 02/01 - 02/08 (24)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)