On 19th Year Anniversary of Brothers to the Rescue Shootdown, Ros-Lehtinen, Diaz-Balart and Curbelo Send Letter to Attorney General Asking That Members of the Cuban Regime Responsible For Murdering Four Americans Be Brought To Justice
Washington, DC – U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), Chairman of the Middle East and North Africa Subcommittee, was joined by fellow Cuban-American Members of Congress, Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL) and Carlos Curbelo (R-FL), in sending a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder asking that Ruben Martinez Puente, Lorenzo Alberto Perez y Perez, and Francisco Perez y Perez be brought to justice in the U.S. to face pending criminal indictments for their roles in the shoot-down of four Brothers to the Rescue pilots, which resulted in the murder of three American citizens and one U.S. resident. Joint statement by Ros-Lehtinen, Diaz-Balart, and Curbelo:
“Today marks the 19th anniversary of the murder of three U.S. citizens, Carlos Costa, Armando Alejandre, Mario de la Peña, and one U.S. resident, Pablo Morales. The surviving families of those Brothers to the Rescue pilots deserve justice, and the United States government must pursue all avenues to bring to the U.S. any Cuban regime member responsible for the murder of these men. The Obama administration jeopardized our national security and made a grave mistake in sending Gerardo Hernandez and the other convicted Cuban spies back to Cuba. It is quite an insult that on the week commemorating the anniversary of the shoot-down, the State Department will roll out the red carpet to Cuban officials who represent the murderous regime that killed Carlos, Armando, Mario, and Pablo.”
Click here to see the letter.
at 5:37 PM Tuesday, February 24, 2015
- ► 2016 (646)
02/22 - 03/01
- Video: Cuba Debate at the McCain Institute
- Menendez Letter to Kerry: On Cuba's Designation as...
- Remittances Used to Launder Medicare Fraud Money t...
- Cuba Continues Coercing the Obama Administration
- A Question for Obama: From the Mother of an Americ...
- Quote of the Week: On Tomorrow's Cuba Hearing
- Cuba Belongs on the State-Sponsors of Terrorism Li...
- Venezuela Proves Fallacy of Obama's Cuba Policy
- Another Young Venezuelan Murdered by Maduro's Regi...
- Bring to Justice Indicted Cuban Officials Responsi...
- An Act of Terrorism by Cuba's Regime
- WaPo Editorial: Venezuela and Cuba, Partners in Re...
- Rubio: On Arrest of Over 200 Cuban Dissidents
- Tweet of the Day: A Man Who Died for All Cubans #O...
- Over 200 Dissidents Arrested in Cuba Today
- Image: Female Cuban Dissident Pelted With Tar
- Cuban Independent Journalist Gets Long Prison Sent...
- Cuban Pastor's Son Arrested to Prevent Church Acti...
- WaPo Editorial: Courting the Castros
- Cuba Officially Supports Subversion of Democracy i...
- Tweet of the Week: Maduro's Visit to Cuba is No Co...
- ▼ 02/22 - 03/01 (21)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)