Here's a look of what else has been happening -- other than the arrest of nearly 100 Cuban dissidents -- right under the noses of the Obama Administration and the naive Congressional delegations in Havana this week:
On Tuesday, Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro visited his "mentors" in Havana.
"Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said on Thursday that he had visited Cuba and met retired leader Fidel Castro, considered one of his leftist mentors.
Maduro, whose country is facing a severe economic crisis, said his talk with the ailing Castro focused on global issues.
'I made the most of Tuesday`s day of carnival and I visited Comandante Fidel Castro, who sends his greetings to all the people of Venezuela,' Maduro said during lengthy comments broadcast publicly.
'We talked about the world, peace, and climate change -- we spoke on many subjects.'
The embattled Venezuelan leader often makes known his Cuban trips only once he`s returned home.
During his stay in Havana, Maduro also met President Raul Castro and other senior officials."
On Thursday, Maduro intensified his crackdown on Venezuela's opposition.
"The mayor of Venezuela's capital, Antonio Ledezma, has been arrested amid accusations of a coup attempt.
President Nicolas Maduro said the opposition leader must answer 'for all the crimes committed against the country's peace and security.'
Camouflaged police smashed into the mayor's office and carried him away.
The arrest comes on the anniversary of the start of months of protests against Mr Maduro's rule that left dozens of people dead.
The Human Rights Watch group has called for Mr Ledezma's immediate release."
Maduro got his marching orders.
at 10:33 PM Thursday, February 19, 2015
- ► 2016 (694)
02/15 - 02/22
- Why Pelosi Didn't Meet With Any Cuban Dissidents
- As Predicted, Obama's Cuba Policy Also Emboldens V...
- Maduro Visited Cuba Tuesday, Intensified Crackdown...
- Pelosi's Twice-Confiscated Hotel Choice in Cuba Sa...
- Obama's Congressional Allies in Cuba: Freedom is N...
- Amid Netflix's Publicity Stunt, Young Cuban Gets 3...
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba is Not the Butt of a Joke
- From Propaganda to Reality: When The New York Time...
- Over 65 Cuban Dissidents Arrested Today
- Russia Praises Cuba for Opening Ports to Spy Ships...
- Image of an Artistic "Crime" in Cuba
- ▼ 02/15 - 02/22 (11)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)