Last week, over 100 Cuban dissidents were arrested by the Castro regime for peaceful activities, including for trying to attend Mass.
The arrests took place amid a visiting Congressional delegation, composed of U.S. Senators Claire McCaskill (D-MO), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Mark Warner (D-VA).
The visiting Senators said nothing about the arrests.
Neither did the delegation led by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), which arrived a few days later.
Neither did the Obama Administration, which apparently doesn't want to "offend" the Castro regime prior to the second round of normalization talks this week.
Empowered by such silence and impunity, the Castro regime has doubled the amount of political arrests this week.
In Havana, over 70 Ladies in White were arrested as they sought to extend their peaceful Sunday march. Another 50 activists were arrested for supporting the Ladies in White in their efforts. Among those arrested are renowned democracy leaders Angel Moya, Antonio Rodiles and independent labor leaders, Alexis Gomez Rodriquez and Pavel Herrera Hernandez.
Meanwhile, in Santiago de Cuba, over 90 activists from the Cuban Patriotic Union (UNPACU) have been arrested.
And in Santa Clara, 13 Ladies in White were arrested, along with Sakharov Prize recipient Guillermo Fariñas. One of the Ladies in White activists, Digna Rodriguez Ibañez, was pelted with tar (that's right -- tar).
This Obama-Castro deal is working splendidly -- concessions, silence and impunity (both for Cuba and Venezuela).
- ► 2016 (694)
02/22 - 03/01
- Video: Cuba Debate at the McCain Institute
- Menendez Letter to Kerry: On Cuba's Designation as...
- Remittances Used to Launder Medicare Fraud Money t...
- Cuba Continues Coercing the Obama Administration
- A Question for Obama: From the Mother of an Americ...
- Quote of the Week: On Tomorrow's Cuba Hearing
- Cuba Belongs on the State-Sponsors of Terrorism Li...
- Venezuela Proves Fallacy of Obama's Cuba Policy
- Another Young Venezuelan Murdered by Maduro's Regi...
- Bring to Justice Indicted Cuban Officials Responsi...
- An Act of Terrorism by Cuba's Regime
- WaPo Editorial: Venezuela and Cuba, Partners in Re...
- Rubio: On Arrest of Over 200 Cuban Dissidents
- Tweet of the Day: A Man Who Died for All Cubans #O...
- Over 200 Dissidents Arrested in Cuba Today
- Image: Female Cuban Dissident Pelted With Tar
- Cuban Independent Journalist Gets Long Prison Sent...
- Cuban Pastor's Son Arrested to Prevent Church Acti...
- WaPo Editorial: Courting the Castros
- Cuba Officially Supports Subversion of Democracy i...
- Tweet of the Week: Maduro's Visit to Cuba is No Co...
- ▼ 02/22 - 03/01 (21)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)