Over 65 Cuban democracy activists were arrested today in the eastern province of Santiago de Cuba.
All of those arrested were members of the opposition groups, Cuban Patriotic Union (UNPACU) and Citizens for Democracy (CxD).
Their crime? Trying to attend Mass at the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Charity.
They were intercepted by nearly 200 Castro regime agents, who began to beat and arrest them.
Among those arrested were Roberto Perdomo, Mileidi Maceo, Mileidi Gómez, Ismaray González, Rubén Alvarado, Graciela Dominguez, Yarisnier Vargas, Maidolis Oribe, Moraima Díaz, Barbaro Tresol, Roberto González, Ricardo Guzmán, Yanny Núñez, Eliezer Quintana, Carlos Oliva, Alexeis Martinez, Ernesto Oliva, Carlos Rafael Torres, José Augusto Fuentes, Lázaro Barrera, Ricardo Torres, Lorenzo Malesu, Ernesto Tamayo, Héctor Velázquez and Onel Nápoles.
Note: Ernesto Tamayo had been currently released under the Obama-Castro deal. He's the second former political prisoner from the "Group of 53" to be re-arrested this week alone -- Mario Alberto Hernandez was also arrested in a separate incident.
- ► 2016 (655)
02/15 - 02/22
- Why Pelosi Didn't Meet With Any Cuban Dissidents
- As Predicted, Obama's Cuba Policy Also Emboldens V...
- Maduro Visited Cuba Tuesday, Intensified Crackdown...
- Pelosi's Twice-Confiscated Hotel Choice in Cuba Sa...
- Obama's Congressional Allies in Cuba: Freedom is N...
- Amid Netflix's Publicity Stunt, Young Cuban Gets 3...
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba is Not the Butt of a Joke
- From Propaganda to Reality: When The New York Time...
- Over 65 Cuban Dissidents Arrested Today
- Russia Praises Cuba for Opening Ports to Spy Ships...
- Image of an Artistic "Crime" in Cuba
- ▼ 02/15 - 02/22 (11)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)