From Sputnik News:
Russia Praises Cuba for Opening Havana Port to Russian Vessels - Minister
According to Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, bilateral relations between Russia and Cuba are "developing dynamically" and the two countries have very similar approaches to the issues of global and regional security.
Russia and Cuba share similar stances on the issue of global security and continue to develop their relations in the military-technical sphere, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said after meeting with Cuban President Raul Castro.
According to Shoigu, bilateral relations between Russia and Cuba are "developing dynamically" and the two countries have very similar approaches to the issues of global and regional security.
"Our countries are connected by mutual interest in establishing a just and polycentric world order based on equal rights and the respect of international law," Shoigu said.
The defense minister added that Russia and Cuba are also developing cooperation in the military and technical spheres.
"We are grateful to the Cuban side for the welcome it gives to Russian military ships and vessels on their entry to the Havana port and are interesting in broadening cooperation in the naval field," Shoigu said, also thanking Castro for the warm welcome of the Russian delegation in Cuba.
According to the defense minister, "the time-tested warm relations between Russia and Cuba are acquiring a new dynamic", largely thanks to the visit of Russian President Vladimir Putin to Havana in July, 2014.
- ► 2016 (651)
02/15 - 02/22
- Why Pelosi Didn't Meet With Any Cuban Dissidents
- As Predicted, Obama's Cuba Policy Also Emboldens V...
- Maduro Visited Cuba Tuesday, Intensified Crackdown...
- Pelosi's Twice-Confiscated Hotel Choice in Cuba Sa...
- Obama's Congressional Allies in Cuba: Freedom is N...
- Amid Netflix's Publicity Stunt, Young Cuban Gets 3...
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba is Not the Butt of a Joke
- From Propaganda to Reality: When The New York Time...
- Over 65 Cuban Dissidents Arrested Today
- Russia Praises Cuba for Opening Ports to Spy Ships...
- Image of an Artistic "Crime" in Cuba
- ▼ 02/15 - 02/22 (11)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)