House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) just concluded her Congressional delegation to Cuba.
There were plenty of meetings with Castro regime officials.
But U.S. officials have confirmed that Pelosi and her delegation did not meet with any Cuban dissidents.
Because they were blackmailed by Castro's regime -- a new constant in the Obama-Pelosi policy towards Cuba.
Last month, a delegation led by U.S. Senators Patrick Leahy (D-VT) and Jeff Flake (R-AZ) met with a group of dissidents. In response to this encounter, the Castro regime cancelled all subsequent meetings with its officials, including dictator Raul Castro himself.
To ensure such dissident meetings did not become a constant, the Castro regime threatened to put a halt to all Congressional delegations visiting the island -- including Pelosi's.
The condition for these Congressional trips to resume was that they don't meet with dissidents -- and Pelosi happily complied.
Last weekend's delegation, composed of U.S. Senators Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Claire McCaskill (D-MO) and Mark Warner (D-VA), also happily complied.
Further evidence that Obama-Pelosi's new Cuba policy has relegated freedom, democracy and human rights to Castro's whim.
- ► 2016 (694)
02/15 - 02/22
- Why Pelosi Didn't Meet With Any Cuban Dissidents
- As Predicted, Obama's Cuba Policy Also Emboldens V...
- Maduro Visited Cuba Tuesday, Intensified Crackdown...
- Pelosi's Twice-Confiscated Hotel Choice in Cuba Sa...
- Obama's Congressional Allies in Cuba: Freedom is N...
- Amid Netflix's Publicity Stunt, Young Cuban Gets 3...
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba is Not the Butt of a Joke
- From Propaganda to Reality: When The New York Time...
- Over 65 Cuban Dissidents Arrested Today
- Russia Praises Cuba for Opening Ports to Spy Ships...
- Image of an Artistic "Crime" in Cuba
- ▼ 02/15 - 02/22 (11)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)