U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO) is headed to Cuba this weekend to explore "trade opportunities."
In other words, she's going to visit Castro's dictatorship, which maintains a monopoly over all foreign trade with the island.
Click here for more details.
But perhaps Senator McCaskill can take some time from her concocted itinerary to visit the victims of her tyrannical hosts.
She should take a few minutes to visit with Rolando Diaz Silva (below), of the Movement for a New Republic, who was nearly beaten to death this week.
He surely needs international solidarity.
Or with the half-dozen dissidents from The Ladies in White and other groups, who were arrested for seeking medical assistance for Diaz Silva.
We know, we know...
Diaz Silva and these dissidents, along with 99.99% of other Cubans, aren't allowed (by Castro's regime) to buy agricultural products from Missouri.
Plus they are not the focus of Obama's new rapprochement with Cuba's dictatorship.
But they matter too.
at 10:41 AM Saturday, February 14, 2015
- ► 2016 (694)
02/08 - 02/15
- Will Senator McCaskill Visit Cuban Dissident Nearl...
- Image: Cuban Dissident Nearly Beaten to Death
- Cuba, Russia to Boost Military Cooperation
- How Does Fortifying Cuba's Regime Promote Democrac...
- Chairman Goodlatte & Ros-Lehtinen: Why Did Obama H...
- AEI: Obama’s Gambit Misunderstands Cuban Reality
- Tweet for Freedom: Three (Artist) Prisoners of Cas...
- Is Obama's Policy to "Empower" or Insult the Cuban...
- During Senate Hearing on Human Trafficking, Cuba C...
- Obama's Muddied Cuba Policy
- The New Cuba Policy: Breakthrough or Bailout?
- For Terror Victims, Obama's Cuba Deal Revives Pain...
- As Normalization Talks Continue, So Do Cuban Spy B...
- Groups, States Supported by Cuba Continue to Sprea...
- Communists With Swiss Bank Accounts
- State Department Official Clearly Unprepared to Le...
- Tweet of the Day: Netflix for the Castro Family
- Analyzing Obama’s Cuba Policy
- So How’s That Cuba Deal Going?
- Quote of the Week: Commerce With Cuba Does Not Ben...
- How Much Has Cuba's Regime Cost the World?
- Ex-Political Prisoner Warns Congress of U.S.-Cuba ...
- Young Cuban-American CT State Senator Discusses Cu...
- ▼ 02/08 - 02/15 (23)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)