The Colombian authorities have intercepted a Chinese-flagged ship loaded with "war materiel" headed for Cuba.
It was intercepted near the Port of Cartagena. The cargo includes long-range weapons systems.
According to El Tiempo, the ship did not have appropriate documentation -- indicating that this was a clandestine shipment.
The ship's captain also resisted any inspection.
The Colombian authorities first believed the heavy weaponry was being smuggled to the South American nation, but the final destination was Cuba.
In the summer of 2013, a North Korean vessel was intercepted trying to cross the Panama Canal with over 240 tons of Cuban weapons headed for Pyongyang.
That vessel also did not have proper documentation and the ship's captain resisted inspection.
Cuba was found to be in violation of U.N. sanctions -- the most egregious violation of these sanctions to date.
Yet, Castro's regime got away scot-free -- despite a U.N. Panel of Experts documenting how the Cuban authorities lied and sought to conceal the weapons shipment.
Instead, the Obama Administration rewarded Castro's regime with the normalization of diplomatic relations and eased sanctions for travel and trade with the Cuban military's monopolies.
Obviously, this has failed to temper the behavior of Castro's regime.
at 10:04 AM Tuesday, March 3, 2015
- ► 2016 (650)
03/01 - 03/08
- A "Good Time" in Cuba
- Tweet of the Day: Response to Conan
- Quote of the Day: You Can't Go To Cuba and Be Apol...
- Grains or Weapons for Cuba?
- Rubio to Kerry: Cuba Harbors Terrorists Who Have K...
- Tweet of the Day: No Foreign Interference, Except ...
- Quote of the Day: Standing on the Side of Freedom
- Nearly 500 Political Arrests in February
- Cuba's Illegal Trafficking of Weapons is a Concern...
- Quote of the Day: On Cuba's Refusal to Extradite M...
- Cuba’s Continuous Support for Terrorism
- Cuba Caught Smuggling Weapons (Again)
- Obama is Clearly Out-of-Touch With Cuba's Reality
- Tweet of the Day: #DictatorshipTourism
- Colombia Intercepts Shipment of "War Materiel" Hea...
- Cuba Says It Will Never Return Most-Wanted Terrori...
- Tweet of the Day: Cuban State Journalist Arrested
- Obama in a Pickle Regarding Cuba Terrorism Listing...
- Tweet of the Day: Castro Gloats About Spy Facility...
- More Collateral Damage From Obama's Cuba Policy
- Spain Demands Extradition of ETA Terrorists From C...
- Must-Read: Troubling Truths About Castro's Cuba
- The Cuba Deal: How Raul Castro Duped Obama
- ▼ 03/01 - 03/08 (23)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)