Politico listed its ten takeaways from last week's Iowa agricultural summit with GOP presidential candidates.
The Republican field is in lockstep against having anything to do with Cuba.
Farmers tend to support opening new markets for their crops. Some are part of the coalition that has pushed to lift the five-decade-old Cuban trade embargo.
But to a man, the Republicans running for president decried engaging with the current regime.
Perry chastised Obama for giving Cuba three of its spies back in exchange for Alan Gross, who had been held in captivity for five years. “We got the way short end of that deal,” he said.
Cruz, the son of a Cuban émigré, noted that the island just got caught trying to smuggle arms to North Korea through the Panama Canal. “Cuba is a communist dictatorship,” he said. “They are exporting terrorism throughout the hemisphere.”
- ► 2016 (660)
03/08 - 03/15
- Why is China Sending Missile Warheads to Cuba?
- Colombia Seizes Hidden Weapons in Cuba-Bound Ship
- SOUTHCOM Commander: Russian Activities in Cuba Con...
- For Obama Administration, Castro is Part of the So...
- Video for the Release of Imprisoned Cuban Artist "...
- Cuban Pastor Imprisoned a Month Ago, Remains Held ...
- Wishful Thinking v. Reality (on Cuba and Venezuela...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Distracts From Increased Abuse...
- Fidel's Love Letter to Maduro
- The Worrisome Results of Obama's Cuba Policy
- Cuba to Repair Venezuelan Missile Frigate
- Quote of the Day: Why is Obama Ignoring Cuba's Rol...
- Cuba’s Wrongdoing Goes Unchallenged
- Obama: Remember Selma's History, Disregard Cuba's
- WSJ Editorial Board: The Menendez Charges
- Cuba Takeaway From Iowa Ag Summit
- At Iowa Forum, GOP Candidates Sound Off on Obama's...
- ▼ 03/08 - 03/15 (17)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)