On the same week that a U.S. agribusiness group traveled to Cuba to sell more grain to the Castro regime, the Castro regime was illegally trafficking weapons disguised as grains.
That's quite the irony.
The U.S. Agriculture Coalition for Cuba, anchored by Minnesota-based Cargill, hosted a delegation of state agriculture officials and farm bureau representatives to visit with Cuba's foreign trade monopoly -- the Castro regime's Alimport.
Cargill is one of the world's largest grain "traders."
Meanwhile, a Chinese-flagged vessel was intercepted in Colombia with a clandestine shipment of war materiels destined for Cuba's military (via a shadow company called TecnoImport).
These include 99 rockets, 3,000 cannon shells, 100 tons of military-grade dynamite and 2.6 million detonators.
What does Cuba's regime need 2.6 million detonators for?
Obviously, for nothing good.
This illegal arms shipment was disguised in containers marked as grain products.
Note this is the second time in 20 months that Cuba's regime gets caught illegally trafficking weapons.
In other words, it's an ongoing trend.
Upon its return, the U.S. Agriculture Coalition for Cuba will be lobbying Congress to lift financing and tourism sanctions towards the Castro regime.
It argues that more financing and tourism will provide the Castro regime with more resources to purportedly purchase grain.
That's a cute theory -- but the facts prove it simply provides more resources for detonators, artillery, security forces, repression and control.
- ► 2016 (694)
03/01 - 03/08
- A "Good Time" in Cuba
- Tweet of the Day: Response to Conan
- Quote of the Day: You Can't Go To Cuba and Be Apol...
- Grains or Weapons for Cuba?
- Rubio to Kerry: Cuba Harbors Terrorists Who Have K...
- Tweet of the Day: No Foreign Interference, Except ...
- Quote of the Day: Standing on the Side of Freedom
- Nearly 500 Political Arrests in February
- Cuba's Illegal Trafficking of Weapons is a Concern...
- Quote of the Day: On Cuba's Refusal to Extradite M...
- Cuba’s Continuous Support for Terrorism
- Cuba Caught Smuggling Weapons (Again)
- Obama is Clearly Out-of-Touch With Cuba's Reality
- Tweet of the Day: #DictatorshipTourism
- Colombia Intercepts Shipment of "War Materiel" Hea...
- Cuba Says It Will Never Return Most-Wanted Terrori...
- Tweet of the Day: Cuban State Journalist Arrested
- Obama in a Pickle Regarding Cuba Terrorism Listing...
- Tweet of the Day: Castro Gloats About Spy Facility...
- More Collateral Damage From Obama's Cuba Policy
- Spain Demands Extradition of ETA Terrorists From C...
- Must-Read: Troubling Truths About Castro's Cuba
- The Cuba Deal: How Raul Castro Duped Obama
- ▼ 03/01 - 03/08 (23)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)