From The Wall Street Journal:
Clinton Charity Tapped Foreign Friends
Foundation agreed not to seek donations from other governments, but cash kept flowing from individuals with connections to them
The Clinton Foundation swore off donations from foreign governments when Hillary Clinton was secretary of state. That didn’t stop the foundation from raising millions of dollars from foreigners with connections to their home governments, a review of foundation disclosures shows.
Some donors have direct ties to foreign governments. One is a member of the Saudi royal family. Another is a Ukrainian oligarch and former parliamentarian. Others are individuals with close connections to foreign governments that stem from their business activities. Their professed policy interests range from human rights to U.S.-Cuba relations.
• Venezuelan media mogul Gustavo Cisneros, who is active in Venezuelan politics and has long advocated restoring ties between the U.S. and Cuba, has given the foundation between $500,000 and $1 million, some during Mrs. Clinton’s stint at the State Department. He owns Venevisión, one of Venezuela’s largest television networks, once a staunch opponent of former President Hugo Chávez. Since Mr. Chávez’s death in 2013, Mr. Cisneros has maintained ties to the new president, Nicolás Maduro. A spokesman for Mr. Cisneros didn't respond to a request for comment.
at 10:03 AM Saturday, March 21, 2015
- ► 2016 (651)
03/15 - 03/22
- How a Canadian Businessman Lost Everything in Cuba...
- Maduro-Ally Gives $1 Million to Clinton Foundation...
- Activists Denounce Political Violence Against Wome...
- Yes, Venezuela (Cuba) is a Security Threat
- More on Hillary's Poor Judgment With Tyrants
- Squaring Cuba's Terror Designation in the Circle o...
- Cuban Military is the Big Winner of Obama's Deal
- Rubio: U.S. Cannot Turn a Blind-Eye to Cuba's Role...
- Raul Castro's Message From Caracas
- Cuba Rubs North Korean Weapons Smuggling in U.S.'s...
- North Korea, Cuba in "Same Trench" Against U.S.
- Obama's Cuba Policy Motivation: Prevent Migration ...
- Cuba Treating Obama Administration Like Pushovers
- N.Y. Post: Cuomo in Cuba
- Obama's Counter-Productive Engagement Policy
- ▼ 03/15 - 03/22 (15)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)