Around 20 members of Cuba's Ladies in White were arrested on Palm Sunday as they disbursed pamphlets with the pictures of political prisoners from a bus.
They were arrested in the Vedado neighborhood of Havana and taken to detention center in Tarara.
Among those arrested was the leader of The Ladies in White, Berta Soler.
The Ladies in White is a pro-democracy group composed of the wives, mothers, daughters, sisters and other relatives of Cuban political prisoners.
- ► 2016 (646)
03/29 - 04/05
- Over 610 Political Arrests in March
- Amnesty International Names New Cuban Prisoner of ...
- What This Week's U.S.-Cuba Human Rights "Talks" Lo...
- Commerce Should Play No Role in Cuba's Terrorism D...
- Tweet of the Day: Cuba is a Military Dictatorship
- Antunez and Other Cuban Democracy Leaders Remain M...
- Bendixen's April Fools Day Cuba Poll
- As Cuba Distracted U.S. With Rights "Talks", Dissi...
- Quote of the Day: Cuomo's Cuba (Indiana) Hypocrisy...
- Cuba Flips the Script on Obama -- Again
- Tweet of the Day: Every Dictator Wants a Deal With...
- Majority Oppose Obama’s Cuba Reset When Informed o...
- New Poll: Cuba's Hostility and Human Rights Fuel S...
- Nearly 20 Ladies in White Arrested on Palm Sunday
- Quote of the Day: Arresting Those Who Poke Fun of ...
- Tweet of the Day: What is Real Change?
- Released Political Prisoners Oppose Obama's New Cu...
- How Castro Stole From Regular American Families
- Property Stolen From Americans Can't be Overlooked...
- ▼ 03/29 - 04/05 (19)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)