The Obama Administration is eager to pretend that Cuba is no longer a "state-sponsor of terrorism," so it can meet the Castro regime's demand to be unconditionally removed from the list.
However, it's in a complicated pickle.
First, the U.S. seeks the extradition of Joanne Chesimard, a cop-killer on the "top ten" of the FBI's Most Wanted Terrorists list.
Secondly, there are over fifty FARC (a State Department designated "Foreign Terrorist Organization") terrorists indicted in the U.S. federal courts for narcotics trafficking and the kidnapping of Americans. Many of them are currently in Cuba.
Third, you have three senior Cuban military officials indicted in U.S. federal courts for the murder of Americans, pursuant the 1996 shoot-down of two civilian aircraft over international waters -- an act of terrorism.
And now, Spain has reminded the United States that it still seeks the extradition of ETA (also a State Department designated "Foreign Terrorist Organization") terrorists.
Spain Asks US for Help on Extraditions From Cuba
Spain said Monday it has asked the United States to use its talks on taking Cuba off the blacklist of nations sponsoring terrorism to help obtain the extradition of two members of the armed Basque group ETA from the communist country.
Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia Margallo said the government has been in talks with the U.S. in the hope of getting Cuba to extradite Jose Angel Urtiaga and Jose Ignacio Etxarte to Spain.
They have been wanted since 2010 in a probe into alleged links between Venezuela, ETA and the Colombian rebel group, the FARC.
- ► 2016 (651)
03/01 - 03/08
- A "Good Time" in Cuba
- Tweet of the Day: Response to Conan
- Quote of the Day: You Can't Go To Cuba and Be Apol...
- Grains or Weapons for Cuba?
- Rubio to Kerry: Cuba Harbors Terrorists Who Have K...
- Tweet of the Day: No Foreign Interference, Except ...
- Quote of the Day: Standing on the Side of Freedom
- Nearly 500 Political Arrests in February
- Cuba's Illegal Trafficking of Weapons is a Concern...
- Quote of the Day: On Cuba's Refusal to Extradite M...
- Cuba’s Continuous Support for Terrorism
- Cuba Caught Smuggling Weapons (Again)
- Obama is Clearly Out-of-Touch With Cuba's Reality
- Tweet of the Day: #DictatorshipTourism
- Colombia Intercepts Shipment of "War Materiel" Hea...
- Cuba Says It Will Never Return Most-Wanted Terrori...
- Tweet of the Day: Cuban State Journalist Arrested
- Obama in a Pickle Regarding Cuba Terrorism Listing...
- Tweet of the Day: Castro Gloats About Spy Facility...
- More Collateral Damage From Obama's Cuba Policy
- Spain Demands Extradition of ETA Terrorists From C...
- Must-Read: Troubling Truths About Castro's Cuba
- The Cuba Deal: How Raul Castro Duped Obama
- ▼ 03/01 - 03/08 (23)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)