According to Cuban independent journalists (Hablemos Press), there have been over 200 political arrests during the first eight days of March.
On March 8th alone, nearly 90 members of the opposition group, Cuban Patriotic Union (UNPACU), were violently arrested.
Yet, there's been no media coverage -- let alone statements of concern from the Obama Administration (or any other nations that were supposed to now challenge the abuses of Cuba's dictatorship).
Instead, the news has been focused on Conan O'Brien's publicity stunt; agricultural trade delegations by shameless U.S. Governors; and whether Major League Baseball will play exhibition games in Cuba.
This is also why the Castro regime loves having "talks" with the U.S. on peripheral issues -- environment, telecommunications, agriculture, etc.
For it provides an easy formula:
More distractions, more abuses.
This, too, was (sadly) predictable.
- ► 2016 (607)
03/08 - 03/15
- Why is China Sending Missile Warheads to Cuba?
- Colombia Seizes Hidden Weapons in Cuba-Bound Ship
- SOUTHCOM Commander: Russian Activities in Cuba Con...
- For Obama Administration, Castro is Part of the So...
- Video for the Release of Imprisoned Cuban Artist "...
- Cuban Pastor Imprisoned a Month Ago, Remains Held ...
- Wishful Thinking v. Reality (on Cuba and Venezuela...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Distracts From Increased Abuse...
- Fidel's Love Letter to Maduro
- The Worrisome Results of Obama's Cuba Policy
- Cuba to Repair Venezuelan Missile Frigate
- Quote of the Day: Why is Obama Ignoring Cuba's Rol...
- Cuba’s Wrongdoing Goes Unchallenged
- Obama: Remember Selma's History, Disregard Cuba's
- WSJ Editorial Board: The Menendez Charges
- Cuba Takeaway From Iowa Ag Summit
- At Iowa Forum, GOP Candidates Sound Off on Obama's...
- ▼ 03/08 - 03/15 (17)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)