Open Letter to Raul Castro by Cuban democracy leader, Antonio Rodiles:
Your speech at the extraordinary ALBA summit reconfirms that you and your group are going to try to hold onto power at all costs. It doesn’t matter if the Cuban people are sunk in misery and desperation, it doesn’t matter if your children continue to escape this disaster, you people intend to remain and to demolish everything.
Your speech said that Cuban “civil society” will unmask the mercenaries and their bosses, I again remind you, your brother and your group are the greatest traitors and anti-Cubans and your spokespeople and repressors are the real mercenaries.
You have imprisoned, executed, expelled, punished, harassed and humiliated great Cubans, you and your brother will go down in history as the worst sons of this land.
If you are so sure of your pathetic spokespeople, why do you block an important group of Cubans who want to travel to Panama? Why impose limits on our freedom of movement? Why have you cancelled passports? If you and your band weren't so sinister, your false discourse would be laughable.
You won’t allow ex-prisoners from the Group of 75 to travel, people like: Ángel Juan Moya, Arnaldo Ramos Lauzarique, Eduardo Díaz Fleitas, Félix Navarro, Héctor Fernando Maseda, Iván Hernández Carrillo, Jorge Olivera, Marta Beatriz Roque Cabello, José Daniel Ferrer, Oscar Elías Bicet. And artists like: Ailer González Mena and Tania Bruguera. And activists like: Egberto Escobedo, Hugo Damián Prieto Blanco and Antonio G. Rodiles, among others.
You fear being face to face with worthy Cubans, you tremble at the mere thought that you will hear sharp and direct truths face-to-face. You and your brother, you are nothing more than dark dictators whom we will manage to throw out so that our people, once and for all, can live in freedom, peace and prosperity.
Antonio G. Rodiles, 17 March 2015
- ► 2016 (606)
03/22 - 03/29
- Iran's Love Affair With Castro's Cuba
- Obama's Cuba Folly Unfolds
- Rubio: Trade With Cuba is "Trafficking in Stolen G...
- N.Y. Post: Havana’s Gruesome Guests
- Lawmakers: Oppose Funding for Normalization Until ...
- Quote of the Day: A Divided Europe on Cuba
- Russian Spy Ship Returns to Cuba (to Monitor EU Ta...
- Coming Out of the Closet for Castro Inc.
- Florida Senate Overwhelmingly Opposes Obama's Cuba...
- How Obama Cut a Cuba Deal: Lies, Hypocrisy and Sec...
- Russian Foreign Minister Arrives in Cuba Today
- Raul Castro, You Fear Being Unmasked
- Tweet of the Day: Only One Nation Has Invaded Vene...
- First-Hand Look: How Obama's Cuba Policy Will (Sad...
- Cuba’s Human Rights Wane as U.S. Ties Improve
- Must-Watch: Women Lead Pro-Democracy Protest in Ha...
- Quote of the Day: On Russia's Strategic Relations ...
- An Illusory Opening to Cuba: Why Florida Shouldn’t...
- ▼ 03/22 - 03/29 (18)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)