During a hearing today in the Senator Foreign Relations Committee, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) pressed Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for the Western Hemisphere Alex Lee on Cuba's control over Venezuela's military and security services.
As you'll note from the exchange, the State Department wants to turn a blind-eye to Cuba's subversive activities in Venezuela. After all, that would be yet another legal impediment for Cuba's removal from the state-sponsors of terrorism list -- see the rationale here.
Click here to watch the Cuba exchange in today's hearing.
at 11:49 PM Tuesday, March 17, 2015
- ► 2016 (660)
03/15 - 03/22
- How a Canadian Businessman Lost Everything in Cuba...
- Maduro-Ally Gives $1 Million to Clinton Foundation...
- Activists Denounce Political Violence Against Wome...
- Yes, Venezuela (Cuba) is a Security Threat
- More on Hillary's Poor Judgment With Tyrants
- Squaring Cuba's Terror Designation in the Circle o...
- Cuban Military is the Big Winner of Obama's Deal
- Rubio: U.S. Cannot Turn a Blind-Eye to Cuba's Role...
- Raul Castro's Message From Caracas
- Cuba Rubs North Korean Weapons Smuggling in U.S.'s...
- North Korea, Cuba in "Same Trench" Against U.S.
- Obama's Cuba Policy Motivation: Prevent Migration ...
- Cuba Treating Obama Administration Like Pushovers
- N.Y. Post: Cuomo in Cuba
- Obama's Counter-Productive Engagement Policy
- ▼ 03/15 - 03/22 (15)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)