In an official statement today, the Castro regime has reiterated unwavering support for its puppet regime in Caracas, amid its further radicalization:
"Cuba again reiterates its unconditional support and that of our people for the Bolivarian Revolution, the legitimate government of President Nicolas Maduro, and the heroic brotherly people of Venezuela."
Moreover, at a pep rally in Caracas last week, General Raul Castro's daughter, Mariela, took the microphones to proclaim:
"¡Cuba y Venezuela, una sola bandera" ("Cuba and Venezuela, joined by one flag!") and "¡Viva Maduro, carajo!" ("Viva Maduro, dammit!").
Thus -- in a nutshell -- here are the results of Obama's December 17th announcement to normalize relations with the Castro regime:
1. Repression in Cuba has intensified -- well over 1,000 political arrests since December 17th;
2. Repression in Venezuela has intensified -- another student activist killed and leading opposition figures arrested;
3. The Venezuelan government has consolidated its authoritarian grip;
4. The United States stands alone -- albeit late -- in holding Venezuela's government accountable; and
5. No one -- including the United States -- is holding Cuba's regime accountable.
In other words, as we (sadly) predicted months ago.
- ► 2016 (694)
03/08 - 03/15
- Why is China Sending Missile Warheads to Cuba?
- Colombia Seizes Hidden Weapons in Cuba-Bound Ship
- SOUTHCOM Commander: Russian Activities in Cuba Con...
- For Obama Administration, Castro is Part of the So...
- Video for the Release of Imprisoned Cuban Artist "...
- Cuban Pastor Imprisoned a Month Ago, Remains Held ...
- Wishful Thinking v. Reality (on Cuba and Venezuela...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Distracts From Increased Abuse...
- Fidel's Love Letter to Maduro
- The Worrisome Results of Obama's Cuba Policy
- Cuba to Repair Venezuelan Missile Frigate
- Quote of the Day: Why is Obama Ignoring Cuba's Rol...
- Cuba’s Wrongdoing Goes Unchallenged
- Obama: Remember Selma's History, Disregard Cuba's
- WSJ Editorial Board: The Menendez Charges
- Cuba Takeaway From Iowa Ag Summit
- At Iowa Forum, GOP Candidates Sound Off on Obama's...
- ▼ 03/08 - 03/15 (17)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)