This morning, Karl Vick exuded wishful thinking ("How Opening Cuba Helped Isolate Venezuela") -- via Time:
"[T]hanks to the ongoing rapprochement between the U.S. and Cuba, Washington is less easy to ignore, especially on matters of morality and fair play."
This afternoon, reality struck -- via AFP:
"[In response to U.S. sanctions on Venezuelan human rights violators], Ecuador's Foreign Minister warned Monday that the Southern American bloc UNASUR would not allow foreign intervention or a coup in Venezuela.
The European Union said Tuesday it has no plans to follow the U.S. lead and impose sanctions on Venezuela."
- ► 2016 (592)
03/08 - 03/15
- Why is China Sending Missile Warheads to Cuba?
- Colombia Seizes Hidden Weapons in Cuba-Bound Ship
- SOUTHCOM Commander: Russian Activities in Cuba Con...
- For Obama Administration, Castro is Part of the So...
- Video for the Release of Imprisoned Cuban Artist "...
- Cuban Pastor Imprisoned a Month Ago, Remains Held ...
- Wishful Thinking v. Reality (on Cuba and Venezuela...
- Obama's Cuba Policy Distracts From Increased Abuse...
- Fidel's Love Letter to Maduro
- The Worrisome Results of Obama's Cuba Policy
- Cuba to Repair Venezuelan Missile Frigate
- Quote of the Day: Why is Obama Ignoring Cuba's Rol...
- Cuba’s Wrongdoing Goes Unchallenged
- Obama: Remember Selma's History, Disregard Cuba's
- WSJ Editorial Board: The Menendez Charges
- Cuba Takeaway From Iowa Ag Summit
- At Iowa Forum, GOP Candidates Sound Off on Obama's...
- ▼ 03/08 - 03/15 (17)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)