New York Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) said his trip to Cuba this week was to be composed of "business to business" meetings.
Apparently, he means "business" with the Castro regime, for regular Cubans are prohibited from engaging in foreign trade and investment.
Adding insult to injury, Cuomo dined today with a Cuban spy who was declared persona non grata and expelled from the United States in 2002.
In the image below, Cuomo is seen toasting with Cuban spy, Gustavo Machin Gomez (on the right).
On April 14th, 2000, Machin was one of nearly two dozen Cuban "diplomats" that violently assaulted a small group of peaceful demonstrators outside the Cuban Interests Section (CUBINT) on 16th Street in Washington, D.C.
Machin was expelled from the U.S. in November 2002, pursuant to the Ana Belen Montes case. Montes, a former Defense Intelligence Agency official, was convicted in U.S. federal court for serving as a Cuban agent -- the highest level spy ever caught at the Pentagon.
He would later become Cuba’s Ambassador to Pakistan, where he is believed to have targeted US counterterrorism operations in the region.
- ► 2016 (694)
04/19 - 04/26
- Russia to Keep Supplying Cuba With Modern Weapons
- This Week's Ignored Human Rights Violations
- Quote of the Week: Obama Has Betrayed Us
- N.Y. Daily News: Cuomo Boozed With Cuban Spy
- Florida Ag Commissioner to Congress: Keep the Cuba...
- Giving Obama Cover on Cuban Weapons Shipment
- Governor Scott: Lifting Cuban Embargo Would Help C...
- What Was Wrong With Governor Cuomo's Cuba Trip
- Cuomo's Cuba Deals: Castro Regime 3, "Private Sect...
- Diaz-Balart in Time: Obama’s Cuba Policy Is Enabli...
- Quote of the Day: Pataki on Cuomo's Cuba Trip
- Liberty Before Profit for Cuba
- Cuomo Dines With Cuban Spy Expelled From U.S.
- Cuomo's Castro-Centric Schedule in Cuba
- Young, Cuban-American N.Y. Legislator Slams Cuomo,...
- Cuba: Obama's Next Foreign-Policy Disaster
- Speaker Boehner: House Will Respond to Obama's Cub...
- Young Cuban Murdered for Attempting to Flee the Is...
- Tweet of the Day: On Cuomo's Cuba Jaunt
- Cuomo's Adventure in Cuba Amoral, Offensive
- Over 60 Cuba Dissidents Arrested, No Word From Oba...
- Cuba Still Sponsors Terrorism, Says Man Whose Dad'...
- Tweet of the Day: 1st Country Not to Pay Back IMF ...
- FP: Where Does U.S. Policy Toward Cuba Go From Her...
- ▼ 04/19 - 04/26 (24)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)