Last week, Sydney Seiler, the Obama Administration's envoy to North Korea, urged the Kim regime to "learn" from Iran, Burma and Cuba, which have “responded to our offer to reach out a hand to those who would unclench their fist."
He must be delusional.
Is he talking about Iran, which continues taking American hostages and where executions have surged since nuclear talks?
Is he talking about Burma, which has regressed on most of its reforms since Obama embraced its military junta?
And when has Raul Castro "unclenched his fist"?
Since the Obama Administration began secret negotiations with the Castro regime in June 2013, there have been well over 15,000 political arrests in Cuba.
Nearly 2,500 of these have been since the Obama-Castro was sealed on December 17th, 2014.
And repression continues to steadily rise.
Just yesterday, over 100 dissidents were beaten and arrested in Havana, half of whom were members of the pro-democracy group, The Ladies in White.
Meanwhile, in Holguin, the headquarters of The Ladies in White was set on fire.
Castro hasn't "unclenched his fist" one bit.
To the contrary, the Obama Administration's policy has been a unilateral freebie -- ignoring his own doctrine.
- ► 2016 (592)
04/26 - 05/03
- Lula Investigated for Being Odebrecht's "Trafficke...
- Video: Cuban Political Prisoner's Mother Pleads fo...
- Diaz-Balart: Obama Should Express Solidarity With ...
- Clandestine Arms Shipment Arrives in Cuba
- New York Court Orders Worldwide Discovery of Cuban...
- Cuba: Among Worst-of-the-Worst on Press Freedom
- Cartoon of the Week: Helping Raul Bring Out the Ta...
- Cuban Regime Shouldn't be Able to Use Stolen Prope...
- Quote of the Day: Dissidents Suffering the Cost of...
- Another Round of Nearly 100 Dissidents Arrested, B...
- Tweet of the Day: Threatening Dissidents Through T...
- Cuban Tourism Executive: Dissidents Are "Impure Pe...
- Quote of the Day: I'm Now a Free Black Man
- Keep Cuba on the List of State Sponsors of Terrori...
- When Has Raul Castro "Unclenched" His Fist?
- What Was the "Cuba-Bound" Weapons Ship Delivering ...
- Tweet of the Day: Military Operations to Repress C...
- Politifact Looks at Cuban Weapons Smuggling to Nor...
- ▼ 04/26 - 05/03 (18)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)