Confirming what we posted last week about Alan Gross' lawyer, Scott Gilbert, including his lack of transparency and conflicts of interest.
Gilbert is now shilling for Castro's monopolies and lobbying for U.S. businesses who want to make a quick profit off the captive Cuban people.
Here's an excerpt from Fox News:
[Scott] Gilbert has a new relationship with the island – he is
guiding its government on how to take steps to handle and attract
An email from a spokesman for Gilbert about his efforts explained
that, "Scott's experience in Cuba is now leading him to help the Cuban
government set up structures and systems of governance (such as a system
of arbitration) that will help, among other things, bring investment
Gilbert receives no payment from the Cuban government, he said.
And through Reneo, a consulting firm he launched more than a year
ago, Gilbert also provides guidance to Americans who want to invest or
do business in Cuba, often traveling there for these projects and
reinforcing ties that he developed during the Gross case.
- ► 2016 (694)
05/17 - 05/24
- Obama's Cuba Team Are Worst Negotiators Ever
- MSNBC: How Obama Deal Has Empowered Castro
- Democratic Congressman Presses Obama on Cuban Crim...
- Obama Could Duck Fight Over U.S. Ambassador to Cub...
- Effort to Remove Cuba Language From Commerce Appro...
- Tweet of the Day: Boehner on Obama's Cuba Policy
- Menendez Remarks at Senate Hearing on Cuba
- Rubio Remarks at Senate Hearing on Cuba
- Senators Lambasted Obama's Cuba Policy
- On the Road to Diplomatic Relations -- Castro Asks...
- Bill Requires Cuba Resolve Legal Claims Before Eas...
- On Cuban Independence Day: Freedom is the Goal
- Castro's Congressional Allies Now Defend Maduro Re...
- Confirmed: Alan Gross' Lawyer Shilling for Cuba's ...
- Despite Repression, Cuban Rapper Remains Undeterre...
- Over 100 Dissidents Arrested in Cuba Today
- Behind the Pope’s Embrace of Castro
- Cuba’s 12 Most Absurd Prohibitions That Tourists A...
- Another Cuban Rapper Arrested
- Policy Changes Towards Cuba Should be Conditioned
- ▼ 05/17 - 05/24 (20)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)