Yesterday, Cuban rapper Soandry del Rio, of the group "Hermanos de Causa" ("Brothers of a Cause"), was arrested by Castro's secret police.
Del Rio had recently been expelled from the regime's official Agency of Rap, which regulates and censors Cuban rappers, for his participation in a concert during the Summit of the Americas in Panama that was critical of the Castro dictatorship.
Also, last week, Cuban rapper and former political prisoner, Angel Yunier Remon (known as "El Critico") was violently assaulted in his home by Castro agents. (See image below).
Meanwhile, Maikel Oksobo (known as "El Dkano") continues serving a one-year prison sentence since January 28th, for his critical lyrics.
More "reform" you can't believe in.
- ► 2016 (601)
05/17 - 05/24
- Obama's Cuba Team Are Worst Negotiators Ever
- MSNBC: How Obama Deal Has Empowered Castro
- Democratic Congressman Presses Obama on Cuban Crim...
- Obama Could Duck Fight Over U.S. Ambassador to Cub...
- Effort to Remove Cuba Language From Commerce Appro...
- Tweet of the Day: Boehner on Obama's Cuba Policy
- Menendez Remarks at Senate Hearing on Cuba
- Rubio Remarks at Senate Hearing on Cuba
- Senators Lambasted Obama's Cuba Policy
- On the Road to Diplomatic Relations -- Castro Asks...
- Bill Requires Cuba Resolve Legal Claims Before Eas...
- On Cuban Independence Day: Freedom is the Goal
- Castro's Congressional Allies Now Defend Maduro Re...
- Confirmed: Alan Gross' Lawyer Shilling for Cuba's ...
- Despite Repression, Cuban Rapper Remains Undeterre...
- Over 100 Dissidents Arrested in Cuba Today
- Behind the Pope’s Embrace of Castro
- Cuba’s 12 Most Absurd Prohibitions That Tourists A...
- Another Cuban Rapper Arrested
- Policy Changes Towards Cuba Should be Conditioned
- ▼ 05/17 - 05/24 (20)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)