The result of a bad deal:
The Obama Administration has already -- unconditionally -- given everything within its executive purview to the Castro regime.
Thus, the Castro regime doesn't feel like it has to do anything in return.
From Foreign Policy:
State Dept. Reports No Progress on Restoring Ties With Cuba
The State Department cannot cite any progress on a key step in the Obama administration’s policy of restoring ties with the Cuban government: the opening of a U.S. Embassy in Havana.
Officials testifying before a Senate Foreign Relations subcommittee on Tuesday noted continued disagreements between Washington and Havana over the level of access the Cuban government will give U.S. diplomats to island residents if an embassy is opened. That has fueled some concerns that the initial burst of diplomatic progress between the two countries may be stalling.
“Right now we are still … in the midst of negotiations to establish diplomatic relations,” said John Feeley, the principal deputy assistant secretary of Western Hemisphere affairs at the State Department. “That is a process, and that will take some time, and honestly, I cannot tell you when that will happen.”
Feeley and two other State Department officials appeared on Capitol Hill to brief lawmakers on the department’s budgetary priorities for operations in the Western Hemisphere.
- ► 2016 (694)
05/03 - 05/10
- On Cuba, Obama Again Comes Up Short at Negotiating...
- Media Hype Sells a Cuba That Does Not Exist
- Shocking: Castro Lied to U.S. Congresswoman
- Russia Intends to Reopen Cuban Spy Base
- French President, Japanese and Dutch Foreign Minis...
- Image of the Day: "My Dear Friend Putin"
- Castro Regime Confiscates Churches in Eastern Cuba...
- Menendez: Ferry Doesn't Help Cubans, Nor Consisten...
- Obama Endorses Apartheid Practices in Cuba
- In Hearing, Rubio Challenges Obama on USINT and Cu...
- Cartoon of the Day: Cuban Ferry Contrast
- FP: State Reports No Progress on Restoring Ties Wi...
- Business Will Not Bring Democracy to Cuba
- Another Sunday, Another 89 Political Arrests in Cu...
- The Castros' Cocaine Cartel
- Lobbying for Business With Iran (Cuba)
- Must-Read: Cuba's Cardinal is a Prisoner of Consci...
- Alarming Repression Against The Ladies in White in...
- International NGO Coalition to Cuba: Drop Charges ...
- ▼ 05/03 - 05/10 (19)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)