In Senate Hearing, Rubio Challenges Obama Administration On Cuba
Yesterday, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee’s Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere, held a budget authorization hearing to review the budget requests of the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs.
In his exchanges with Obama Administration officials, Rubio expressed his concerns regarding the security of our Interests Section in Cuba and the possibility of the Interests Section in Havana being infiltrated by Cuban intelligence agents, and asked about the impact of these concerns on the transition of the Interests Section into an embassy. Rubio also touched on the Cuban military’s smuggling of weapons from China and to North Korea.
Click here to watch the exchange.
at 12:27 PM Thursday, May 7, 2015
- ► 2016 (694)
05/03 - 05/10
- On Cuba, Obama Again Comes Up Short at Negotiating...
- Media Hype Sells a Cuba That Does Not Exist
- Shocking: Castro Lied to U.S. Congresswoman
- Russia Intends to Reopen Cuban Spy Base
- French President, Japanese and Dutch Foreign Minis...
- Image of the Day: "My Dear Friend Putin"
- Castro Regime Confiscates Churches in Eastern Cuba...
- Menendez: Ferry Doesn't Help Cubans, Nor Consisten...
- Obama Endorses Apartheid Practices in Cuba
- In Hearing, Rubio Challenges Obama on USINT and Cu...
- Cartoon of the Day: Cuban Ferry Contrast
- FP: State Reports No Progress on Restoring Ties Wi...
- Business Will Not Bring Democracy to Cuba
- Another Sunday, Another 89 Political Arrests in Cu...
- The Castros' Cocaine Cartel
- Lobbying for Business With Iran (Cuba)
- Must-Read: Cuba's Cardinal is a Prisoner of Consci...
- Alarming Repression Against The Ladies in White in...
- International NGO Coalition to Cuba: Drop Charges ...
- ▼ 05/03 - 05/10 (19)
- ► 2014 (1177)
- ► 2013 (1251)
- ► 2012 (1158)
- ► 2011 (1031)
- ► 2010 (1042)
- ► 2009 (933)